DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Put the right 3.5 in with a competent install and you won't need any backup.[/QUOTE]

I think he means for when his 2.7 takes a ****.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If there are legit doubts about his 2.7 then he should get the install done as soon as possible. 'Legit doubts' is important; unless his 2.7 has been starved for maintenance (oil changes, etc) or otherwise abused the motor should have a long life.

"I'm dying for one as a backup" tells me that there is no sense of urgency other than to have a 3.5 sitting in the garage.

It's better to spend a couple of hundred bucks a year on maintenance than to spend $2k on a used motor for no good reason. That used 3.5 motor will need the same maintenance ($$) as the 2.7 it replaces.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I can't inagine feeling the need to have a spare engine ready to drop in.

That would not make me want to drive hard

Unless there is another reason?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gn300 said:
I can't inagine feeling the need to have a spare engine ready to drop in.

That would not make me want to drive hard

Unless there is another reason?
i've heard of 2.7 problems and i was always dying for a 3.5 HO (when i bought my 04, it was the last of it's kind and i searched and serached but could not find a 3.5 brand NEW ho, so i settled for a SE)

anyway thanks for tha help!

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you were not so far away I would sell you one but I'm not really able to ship :(
It's a 99 from an LHS,offered it to one local guy for $500

·
9,861 Posts
http://www.car-part.com

I've used it many times to get various parts for our cars. We just got a 4.0L for the Jeep with under 10k miles on it for $800 using that site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts