DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 switch panel that I would like to install. It has some heavy wiring and measures 2.5" X 8". I want to place it in a hidden place on my '01 intrepid. The switch panel needs to be in close access becase I am a firefighter. The switch panel goes to my siren, and various lights. I have installed all hideaway lights so not to ruin the look of the car. I was thinking about putting the panel under the seat, but I do not know yet. I would like to put the panel in the center console, but it is too tall, and would not fit flush. If anyone has put a panel, or swithes in, can you tell me how it looked and what you did? Thanks

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Maybe you could do a little "custom cutting" in the center consol on the driver's side. You could have the panel near the floor, facing your legs. That's about the only place I can think of to put something that size for easy access. I also don't know second gens all that well. :p Just a thought. :)

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
thats kinda what i was thinking...on the center console on the side someplace.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
thats kinda what i was thinking...on the center console on the side someplace.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yup,

Would have guessed about the same. Being 8" long does not leave alot of places on the intrepid with it's curving lines. The other requirement I would imagine needs to be close to the driver. Would look at one of the kick panels under the driver to see if needed clearance is there for your switch. (didn't mention the depth of the unit). If one of those would not work, would suggest maybe looking at a newer/smaller switch. At least with a kick panel, could get a replacement one at a junkyard to put into car if ever sold.

Another option would be under the radio in that cubby hole. Some cars have a 6cd changer in this spot but most just have a storage bay. Could remove it and replace with a sheet of matching dash plastic with the switches mounted on it. Get some lighted ones for some cool effects. :D

Perhaps we can get some more shots of that new Dodge Intrepid Police Car again inside. Maybe they had some good ideas.

sURFN

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: sURFNmADNESS ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts