DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering where everyone here is downloading their music from... I'm using Kazaa Lite K++ Version 2.4.3. Its a good program, but I sometime get frustrated because a lot of the songs are false. I haven't checked what new programs are out there for a while, so i hope to send out some feelers and see what you guys are using...

·
Banned
338 Posts
Try WinMX. haven't used it in ages, but it was much better than Kazaa (also known as spyware and virus hell) . You will have to update it with something called pie patch, as the original company that made it was shut down. do a google on it to find it.

AJ

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Dude Kazaa is the Mecca of incorrect file names and viruses. I have not used them in over 2 years. For MP3's and other music stuff I use LimeWire. Never have gotten a corrupted file or virus from the yet. I DL alot too, sometimes over 500 mb a day. It's a great program. I wouldn't go with WinMX if I were you, It's as problem prone as Kazaa. For video's and movies I use Bit Torrent. You can find all of these programs on www.download.com

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Torrents by farrrrrrrrrr are the best for anything, including music.

Check out filemp3.org. It's a public site anyone can sign up for and they have a lot of good stuff. There are private sites I am a member of that are much better, including one site which I am sure has every single song and album ever created.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If you're on a cable modem, check out your cable TV company. Comcast has a most excellent subscription deal with Rhapsody.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The version of Kazaa i'm using is a special version. It has all the spyware and malware removed. From what i heard, some computer programer from Russia modified it. If you want to check it out for yourself go to www.up2dat.com and have a look.
As for LimeWire, I tried to download it a while back and a virus entered my computer. Is there a recommended site by which limewire can be downloaded safely? And, is there anything important to know when downloading it or installing it?
Good discussion so far....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts