DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help locating such sensor/s 02 3.5

(got P0157)

O2 Sensor Circuit Low Volts (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
exhust pipe, after the catalitic converter *there are 4, 2 on each side, before and after the cat.*

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you both
My wife is the type that will differentiate the trunk from the hood n thats it but the day the code went on she(?) noticed(?) the driver side edge of the hood hotter..does she have a sort of a gift? could be a malfunctioning Ox sensor resulted in increased temp at... lets said driver side cat converter? or is just a coincidence?

·
Registered
569 Posts
She may be on to something. When working on cars, or anything else, never overlook a clue. Heat is a big clue when dealing with an engine. The only question to answer is whether or not this is the natural state for these cars due to factors like convection heating one side of the hood more while the car sits with the engine off, or while it is drivng. _IF_ the cause is the catalytic converter getting too hot, it would also tend to heat the floorboards on the drivers side, too, as they are much closer to the floorboards than the hood. But then, the hood is right over the cats, and the floorboard is behind the cat, and convection always goes up ... she may be on to something.

You just never know where the answer will come from, so you have to keep it all in mind until the source of the problem is nailed down.

Jim Snover

Thank you both
My wife is the type that will differentiate the trunk from the hood n thats it but the day the code went on she(?) noticed(?) the driver side edge of the hood hotter..does she have a sort of a gift? could be a malfunctioning Ox sensor resulted in increased temp at... lets said driver side cat converter? or is just a coincidence?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"The only question to answer is whether or not this is the natural state for these cars"

Yes sir, we need volunteers to go out n fondle the left/right hood edges to confirm either the obvious (natural state) or cat overheating due to faulty Ox sensors OR else that may apply..

Car works fine, finger played with sensors, then proceeded to clear codes, will see if reappear, the most difficult part is giving the wife credit LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
"The only question to answer is whether or not this is the natural state for these cars"

Yes sir, we need volunteers to go out n fondle the left/right hood edges to confirm either the obvious (natural state) or cat overheating due to faulty Ox sensors OR else that may apply..

Car works fine, finger played with sensors, then proceeded to clear codes, will see if reappear, the most difficult part is giving the wife credit LOL
Or girlfriend in my case..lol.. she usually just tells me the symptoms. She has an '02 Trep R/T and I've got an '04 Trep SE. I love her car. Everytime me and any of her friends go anywhere in the evening after work, it's like a convoy of Intrepids coming down the interstate.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"it's like a convoy of Intrepids coming down the interstate."

City slickers :)

I like to think of owners as intrepids n the car as Dodge Gambler ES SE SXT nickname flatulence (most enjoyed by the owner)
Don't take me wrong this model is a keeper for the well budgeted persona..example: a tranny every two years fine with me twice the same year n is going to ebay/junkyard etc

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for what is worth: code hasn't come back after a week of driving, clue: it happens (check engine light ON/code) in the most humid day of the year around here..

·
Registered
723 Posts

Meh, I'll just go fondle the left/right side of the wife to confirm either the obvious (natural state) or her overheating 'cause of me "testing".
The damn hood can wait.
:biggrin::biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts