DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all want to see the behind the scenes making of DI.Net. Well, here you go, here are some pictures of where it is made ;)

Have fun.

http://randy.langstraat.com/room/

Please excuse the dust ;) I really need to clean up my entertainment center. All these damn electronics attract all the dust in the house to my room!

And yes, it gets very hot in here!!!!!!!

I'm suprised I've yet to blow a fuse.

·
Registered
299 Posts
damn, Nice pics....

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You have officially won the contest for tallest tower. Your prize...Lemony Scented Pledge!!

LOL...damn, that is a nice setup. You should get a rack or something....I am jealous!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should take some pictures of the tangle of wire behind my computers. I really need to disconnect everything and start over :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
OMG!!!
I dont think I have ever seen so much electronic equipment in one room!!!
Are you running an ISP on the side !!?? What are all those computers for?
How are all those components hooked up? That must be one hell of a receiver.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I do sort of run an ISP ;) That medium computer in the middle is running RRAS, so that I can dial in and use the internet onmy iPAQ or laptop without paying for another ISP. Also, instead of my girlfriend paying for an ISP, she dials in and uses my DSL connection, too :)

The receiver is pretty sweet :D Even my soundcard on my PC is hooked up to the system so I can listen to MP3's thru my regular stereo. The 2 CD changers hook up together and only use one input on the receiver. I can control both units with one remote. Also, the Motorola Digital cable box goes thru my Tivo and the into the receiver, so those 2 components also only use one input.

There's not a lot of room left in here for me, though ;) Maybe I'll have to move out soon...LoL

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
What no DSS? :D ;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, I get over 600 channels with Digital Cable (including the pap-per-view), so I'm happy.....and no dish to install :D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Nice...I finally got a copy of Win2K Server...no more peer to peer crap. Now I can actually do the stuff I learned in class...YAY!!

I get excited way too easily ;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 01Intrepid:
Hey this is off the intrepid topic, but Intrepid98, I like your "Relisys" PC monitor.... infact I have the same one..... :cool:

It came with my first PC that I had built when I graduated H.S. Never seen another by that brand. I'm not a gamer, so I have had no reason to get anything newer or better. it serves it's purpose.

I have been thinking of picking up a flat screen, though.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I am kinda wondering if anybody still has those pictures since they dont work anymore, and maybe if there is any of the new server?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think this might be one of the oldest threads on this site. I was 16 when it was written... turning 23 in a few weeks!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.