DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2002 Intrepid SE 2.7L that I recently bought was not taken care of at all by the previous owner. The car has cloth seats in front and back that are filthy and badly worn. The door panels also took some abuse and the left rear panel has to be replaced.

I found this in the archives talking about seats:
2nd gen Intrepid can have any seat, front or rear from any 2nd gen LH (300M, Concorde, LHS, Intrepid split folding) Heat and memory seats only require power and ground, unless you want the radio and side mirrors with memory as well (multiple wires)
What about door panels? Does the same hold true?

I'd like to dress up the interior with nicer parts for both the seats and door panels. Which cars would have the nicest seats and interior parts ? Thanks !

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
if you have a black interior, stay with 2001-2004. All seats from all cars fit. Rear door panels from non-intrepid don't fit without serious modification (how to's on the forum!) Front door panels also wont match up unless you swap the dash too.

Get some nice clean door panels from a trep and pull some heated leather from a 300m or LHS and enjoy!! Check out some folks sig threads, lots of cool work has been done over the years.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
The Dark Slate color in 2002+ cars is different than earlier models. It's noticeable when the two different types/colors are placed side by side.

Like Nate says above stick within the years he suggested or you'll need to swap the dash/door panels/seats to get it all to match.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
I also think the standard 300m seats are more comfortable than the 300m Special version. But that's my opinion! The standard 300m will be more available than the Special due to build quantities.

Also are 60/40 split folding rear seat backs important for you? The earlier Concordes and Base Intrepids don't have them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I also think the standard 300m seats are more comfortable than the 300m Special version. But that's my opinion! The standard 300m will be more available than the Special due to build quantities.

Also are 60/40 split folding rear seat backs important for you? The earlier Concordes and Base Intrepids don't have them.

Split seats would be nice to have if they bolt in without modifications. Did the 300M come with the 60/40 split rear seat standard or was it an option ?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
300m are all 60/40 split rear seat back. They bolt up same as the others.

Concords didn't have 60/40 split. They had a "Ski Pass Through". Basically an opening into the trunk with the center rear arm rest folded down.

I don't use the 60/40 split often on either of my LH cars but it's handy when you need it. You can get 5 full size wheels/tires in the back with the seat backs folded down.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
As others have stated, I would stick to 2002-2004 Intrepid door panels to keep a match with your existing interior, and look for good 300M, LHS, Concorde Limited (not LX or LXi) heated seats.

Be aware that Concorde, LHS and some late 2004 300Ms had fixed rear seats. Special seats are nice but tend to be hard to find, especially in good condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts