DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey trying to get all the parts I need for the rear sway install... which is better

Stabilizer Bar Only
Chrysler 300M 4DR,10-02,FWD,3.5L,AOT,SPECIAL,REAR

Stabilizer Bar Only
Chrysler 300M 4DR,2-03,3.5L,AOD REAR

Also what else would I need?
Bar end link kit ---- got it from local part store they only list two Econo and performace... I know that one of the 300's have a bigger sway bar (special i think) is there also a specific end link I need? Length etc?

Top & bottom mount brackets ---- Dealer.

Bushings --- I'm not sure which ones to get.. dealer lists 3 different kinds.

Bolt --- Dealer is telling me I need 4 large and 2 small... can someone confirm this?

Thanks

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
get the special sway bar, it's bigger, the regular 300m bar is identical to the intrepid. Get the correct bushings in poly from polybushings.com. He sells endlink bushings too. Endlinks are a good thing to replace while you are at it. There are some clips that tend to break that you'll want to have on hand before you start too, I'm sure someone has the part number (I need it too actually)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/images/manuals/02-05/03lh.PDF

Part list

I'll have to get endlinks anyways cause I don't have any. Was just gonna get them from Partsource.ca Econo for $30 they don't list anything different for the Special or the regular. As for Bushings was just gonna go with Dodgeparts.com along with clamps upper and lower.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Rear bushings. You want the 13/16 inch and make sure you have the seller check the diameter. The end links are the same regardless of the suspension; check the part numbers and you will see. I am going with Moog K7343 for $17 each.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you batcavetrep was just about to ask that. So according to http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/images/manuals/02-05/03lh.PDF

I'm assuming the larger swaybar would be 04782855AA & the matching bushings would be 04782857AA?

As for the swaybar thanks for the offer strmvt but I'm in Ontario canada so shipping would be a PITA. I managed to find a special at a yard about 15 min away for $50 so I'm good.

Can anyone confirm the number of bolts I need?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm assuming the larger swaybar would be 04782855AA & the matching bushings would be 04782857AA?
I wouldn't deal with the catalog on these parts since they are discontinued.

Stabilizer Bar Only
Chrysler 300M 4DR,10-02,FWD,3.5L,AOT,SPECIAL,REAR
Go for this one.

Also what else would I need?
Bar end link kit ---- got it from local part store they only list two Econo and performace... I know that one of the 300's have a bigger sway bar (special i think) is there also a specific end link I need? Length etc?
There is no difference in the stock ones, so I wouldn't worry about what aftermarket says.

Bushings --- I'm not sure which ones to get.. dealer lists 3 different kinds.
Get the bushings from the link I provided in the previous post.

Bolt --- Dealer is telling me I need 4 large and 2 small... can someone confirm this?
Bolts for the swaybar clamps?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but from what I'm seeing on Figure 17-110 on the link above it's only showing 2 large (M12x1.75x145) but saying I need 4. And 2 smaller (shares with tank strap)

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
There's 4 bolts total for the sway bar. There are 2 that bolt the clamps from the rear up into the rear crossmember (usually not a problem) and two that bolt the front of the clamps into the body using body clips as retainers. Since your from salt country, Im almost guaranteeing that those clips are going to break and you'll have to cut the bolts off. But nothing for the gas tank, IDK where they got that from :dunno:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since your from salt country, Im almost guaranteeing that those clips are going to break and you'll have to cut the bolts off.
Now now we realized how much of an environmental impact salt was to the water table... We use chemicals now:D...

I hope I don't have to cut them out... wondering if they're even there as car never came with a rear stablizer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts