DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Which LH Body Engine Offers the Most Performance?

• 2.7L DOHC

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 3.2L SOHC

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 3.3L SOHC

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • 3.5L SOHC

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 3.5L SOHC H.O.

Votes: 52 77.6%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Define performance.

In the narrow world of drag racing. No brainer. 3.5L. Many members including myself have ran in the 15's with the 3.5L.

2.7's are dogs in a drag race but has anyone raced one from a roll?

I've ran into 2. A co worker's and a rental. Both got their heads kicked in on a drag race but from a roll on all I saw was Intrepid taillights.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
If by "performance" you mean developing solid relationships with your local engine rebuilder and junkyard, then no contest - 2.7 all the way :D

For the rest, 3.5 HO might be a little better choice...

·
Registered
104 Posts
with my 2.7 I have a good MPG and win some racers... vs a focus ZX or that ****... camaro V6, mustang V6 (auto both), avenger, 4runner and i win all.

2.7 problematic but funny.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
its the gearing of the 2.7L. SO its not the engine.

Take a special vs any 2.7L and you will see the results

So ya its the 3.5HO FTW.

The 2.7L is just too much of a headache and i would be deathly scared to drive one after all of the reported problems. Even if Chrysler claims that they fixed the issue after 2000, you still see lots of treps going for 500$ with a blown 2.7L.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
the 3.5HO is quite the beast.

0-60mph at around 7.1-7.4 seconds (reported) is pretty decent for a full size family sedan in 2004. Newer hondas now pull around the top 6sec mark but they are much newer, lighter, better engines.

Im pretty happy with the design of the 3.5HO and best of all "Maintenance free!!!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts