DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in upgrading to the 6CD, radio/song cable, and Sirius setup.

I was told that I will need either a RB1, RBQ, or RBP headunit to display the artist/song. I pulled the radio out of the dash, flipped it around, and could not find a part number with these designations for the life of me.

I know I do not have the RB1, it has no screen. On a side note, I could just put an RB1 in there, put in my country/timezone code, and GO? It would do navigation? No yearly fee?

Right now I have a 2000 ES with the Infinity 4 CD sound package. I have the 4CD in the cubby and the headunit has casette. Anyone know which one I have/how to figure it out for myself?

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Not sure what you're asking here but, yes for 2-nd Gens the RB1 is a plug-n-play just need to install the GPS antena, no fee, it needs a Nav DVD,fits right in the slot and is capable of using your existing 4CD-changer. What you have is probably either a cassete deck with changer controls or a cd-deck with changer controls , but the RB1 will replace that. 6-CD changers depending on whether you're getting the 6-cd headunit or the 6-CD changer in lower pocket are plug-n-play also depending on year they may need an adapter harness.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asking how to figure out what model radio I have, because I need to know if it is an RBP, RBQ, or RB1. I know it's not an RB1.

Thanks for the RB1 info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts