DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which sylvania silverstars or sylvania cool blue to buy???

i was looking at some sylvania silverstar headlight light bulbs for my 94 trep but i didn't know which ones to buy. taking out the bulb in the headlights is quite a task and i would like to know what kind of silverstars to buy wich would be compatible with my car before i start the project. or should i get the sylvania cool blue light bulbs instead. i wonder which looks better...

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
yep, its 9007...

as for the cool blues, the general opinoin is that they arent worth it, i've never had them so i couldn't tell you. I did have silverstars in my 1G, loved them they were great, well worth the $$$

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx, i wasn't sure which code # was for the trep. do the silverstars actually look white, noticibly better than stock? im looking for bulbs with a nice look, i wouldn't mind if they are not as bright as the silverstars because there aren't any worse than my stock ones.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, nice pic. thats what they look like with opaque lenses? thats pretty good. listen, thanx for ur help and bigred's help. i actually had some dull looking headlight lenses a week ago but i found this product my dad had bought for fixing scartches that actually cleaned them up pretty good. my dad warned me that it might make them worse because it wasn't made for that but i tried it anyway and thus far i've been pretty satisfied with the result. The products name is Scratch Remover GS27. it brings these things that look like crayons for fixing large scratches but u don't need those, u only need the bottle with the scartch fixing cream. just apply some on a dry towel and apply it to the headlights (one at a time) until it dries up, then use the clean area of the cloth or towel to clean up the dry residue. your lenses should be pretty clean after that(you only need to do it once if u do it good but i did it a couple time to make sure i got as much off as i could then after that i used some mcguire's polish to make them a little shiny). you'll even see that nasty yellow stuff that used to be on the lense now on the cloth.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Here's a comparison; My Taurus is on the left and Nicole's sunfire is on the right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts