DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have done an extensive search on this topic so, no comments about using that wonderful feature please ;)

I'm thinking I'm gonna need to use some of my tax return to get a new set of sneakers for the trep. I currently have the standard Eagles on there but, I'm not sure whether I should stick with those or go for something else. I live in Grand Rapids, MI so, we get all 4 seasons.

The whole car is completely stock so, no worries about low profiles etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C
:bigsmile:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to stay round about the $4-450 mark.

I've got my little guy in the car now so, safety is a major issue. I guess road noise, traction in all seasons is good. I've seen the Aquatread 3 and read some good reviews.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
goodyears are loud, and i hated them, even though with the factory 40k mile rating on the stock tires, we got 55+ out of 2 of them, but i tend to like Michelins, or there are some Pirellis, i think 400 or 4000 series that are decently priced

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Hey Smudga. Do you live in the city or outside in the rural areas? I experience the same conditions as you, but I do live in the city/suburbs so the roads are pretty well plowed.

I have Kumho Ecsta STX and have been pretty happy with them. The snow traction could maybe be a little better, but it certainly doesn't suck. Dry and wet traction is awesome!

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI,
I have used Michelins on my Mopars for a number of years and am quite satisfied with them. I tried Bridgestones on a Dodge Colt some years back and won't make that mistake again. I don't think you would go wrong with Michelins mud and snow. I live in MT and we have a variety of weather over the year.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
never used bridgestones, but i like firestone, even though they are the same parent company, but the firehawks are nice, and in my mind, their drag slicks can't be beat (now known as Phoenix F/X slicks, used to be Firehawks)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in the city but, they either leave my road till last or, plow every 5 minutes!!!

Tire rack have a great selection but, I'm kinda overwhelmed in all honesty. I have read some good reviews on the Kuhmos so, maybe I'll check em out :)

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm also looking for new tires. I did a search and I don't know if I'm missing something but I didn't find much. Has anyone ever used these before or have an opinion on them? And how wide can I go before running into problems, I'm thinking I might go one size wider and one lower on the height ratio.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...nza+RE950&partnum=26HR6RE950&index=2&vIndex=0 or http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...za+RE910&partnum=355TR6RE910&index=1&vIndex=0

I just spent a hour or so looking around Tire Rack.... am I the only one that gets annoyed when people post a review after a couple hundred miles? :angry:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I see Tire Rack recommended a lot on this website. I bought 4 Yokohama Avids from them, and I sure wouldn't do it again. At least 2 (I think 3, actually) caused the car to pull. (Before you ask, yes, the alignment was OK and the car didn't pull until these were installed.) I rotated positions until I was blue in the face, finally putting two of the "pullers" on opposite sides so the pulls cancelled each other out. Tire Rack would have refunded my money, BUT I'd have been out the cost for shipping them to me, the cost for shipping them back, and the mounting & balancing that was wasted. I advise you to get your tires locally. It may seem a little more costly, but if you get a bad set, you have someone to take care of the problem.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
CluelessinMO said:
I see Tire Rack recommended a lot on this website. I bought 4 Yokohama Avids from them, and I sure wouldn't do it again. At least 2 (I think 3, actually) caused the car to pull. (Before you ask, yes, the alignment was OK and the car didn't pull until these were installed.) I rotated positions until I was blue in the face, finally putting two of the "pullers" on opposite sides so the pulls cancelled each other out. Tire Rack would have refunded my money, BUT I'd have been out the cost for shipping them to me, the cost for shipping them back, and the mounting & balancing that was wasted. I advise you to get your tires locally. It may seem a little more costly, but if you get a bad set, you have someone to take care of the problem.
Hey, glad to hear you finally "fixed" the tire problem ... what a deal, huh?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
OldSchool said:
The local authorized yoko dealer won't honor the warantee?!?
NTB would work with me on it, but they said they'd never heard of more than one in a set being bad, so you can see where that would go. I'd spend half my life in there with them swapping tires around and dickering with Yokohama before anyone would admit there was a problem with mutiple tires. I have to keep my job.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i just bought a set of Continental ContiPremierContacts

have some of the highest subjective ratings on Tirerack. Gonna put em on tomorrow. Itll be interesting to see how they do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts