Votes: 15 53.6%
  • 01 ES

Votes: 13 46.4%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of may know, I just got a very nice 01 ES, and I also have a very nice 96 ES, that I have spent tons of money on, new paint comes to mind.

So if it were up to you guys which one would you keep in the garage?

Oh and the wife will not let take her Equinox out so I can park both of them in the garage! :fun_08:

So I am torn which one to keep in the garage?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I voted for the '01. But with new paint on the '96 and it in good shape, I am right in middle. I could justify keeping both in the garage.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The '96 of course! But I'm biased, I havn't seen your '01 before.

Reactions: wb6vpm

·
Registered
476 Posts
get a divorce, although she might end owning both places in the garage.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
bias 2nd gen owner... my trep sleeps a lot ... Do you mean like in the garage for the winter or overnight??

We keep all of our cars garaged LOL... just bcs of the brutal winter and having to clean the snow off the car sucks. Mind you my trep is always garaged, at school and at home HEHE.... I just have to baby it, i would if it were any other car also.

But with the new paint on the 96 it might be best to be more careful with it. The es should have a good paintjob, ive heard repaints are a little sensitive to outdoor conditions. My moms ford has that orange peal effect on the clear coat and it looks like ass LOL.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just can't decide.

My 96 is almost perfect, and with the new paint, it makes it tough, I have done tons of factory pimpin to it. ATC/autostick/OTIS/autolights/factory alarm/02 ES wheels/2nd gen corde seats.

I have refused to drive the 96 once the road salt flies, but I could throw a cover on it outside.

My 01 ES was barely driven got it with 14,750 miles and needless to say it is also near perfect.

Just got done putting the factory cass and 4 disc changer back into it(had an after market radio when I got it). Now I use the steering wheel controls again.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
If your not going to drive the 96 then I would throw a trap over it outside and put the new car in the garage so then you dont have to worry about ice on the windows in the morning.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nhogan said:
If your not going to drive the 96 then I would throw a trap over it outside and put the new car in the garage so then you dont have to worry about ice on the windows in the morning.
That is true but neither of my treps leave in the morning, I own my own electrical contracting buisness, so in the morning its the cargo vans.

·
Registered
677 Posts
When the wife's away, park the Equinox outside and both Treps inside. Then get used to sleeping in the garage with them! :biggrinfl

I'd probably park the '96 in the garage since it was just repainted and since it has seen its share of being outside. It's only fair to "initiate" the new Trep being letting it be outside in rain, snow, whatever. With time, it will earn its spot. ;)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Put one in the garage and a cover over the other one.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Hey who's the boss at your house anyway??? Put those treps in there and pound your chest like Kong. :)

j/k , I know If I tried that, I'd be icing my nuts down...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm gonna be the lone 2g member to tell you to put the '96 into the garage since you've spent lots of $ on it. If they were both bone stock, I'd say '01 of course :p

·
Registered
699 Posts
96!

Reactions: wb6vpm

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
96! It must be garaged! Its a show car! I've never had the privelage of parking my cars in a garage, maybe thats why they look like crap...LOL. The 96 has seniority, so it gets the garage!

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
Being that first gens had paint problems to begin with,, why chance it??
put the first gen away for the winter and cover the second gen

: "they dont write songs about volvos"

Reactions: k-nash

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Avenger said:
I'm gonna be the lone 2g member to tell you to put the '96 into the garage since you've spent lots of $ on it. If they were both bone stock, I'd say '01 of course :p
+1 :fun_08:

Reactions: k-nash
1 - 20 of 26 Posts