DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was cruising home from the local mall.Speed limit is 55 Mercury cougar newer version pulled up next to me and passed me a lil bit.He had aftermarket exhaust looked like cat back.But anyways I thought what the heck Ill mess with him so I punched it passed him put the tranny in 3rd and featherd the throttle like the ricers do to get you to race.There was traffic ahead of me so I jumped in the left lane behind him and he cleard traffic moved to the right let me catch up and it was on.I kept up with him was starting to gain then we hit traffic.Wasn't really paying attention to the speedo b/c of traffic and had 3 people with me.I didn't think I stood a chance.But i think I would have givin him a rum for his money.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
If it was a newer Cougar with just a catback, you'd have OWNED him. 2.5L v6 was the biggest engine. :p

Older Cougars (BIG 2 door car!) with the 4.6L V8 are strong off the line and somewhat competent on the highway. You need a 3.5 to really have a chance against these..... and they do great doughnuts too!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the only thing he had going for him was like 10 of those stickers that everyone says add horsepower.But I wasn't about to put 3 lives in danger or risk getting a ticket at 11 a clock at night.No radar detector yet, the last one I had went with the car :( I will have to get me one for christmas lol.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If it was a newer Cougar with just a catback, you'd have OWNED him. 2.5L v6 was the biggest engine. :p

Older Cougars (BIG 2 door car!) with the 4.6L V8 are strong off the line and somewhat competent on the highway. You need a 3.5 to really have a chance against these..... and they do great doughnuts too!

as a co owner of a 71 cougar 351 clev in it and love the factory 4speed.. this thing is a beast.. now its a future project car.. has lots of miles and needs a overhaul and then back to driving it

and this thing has soo much torque its insane :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I raced my friends son in law in his 99 cougar..we lined them up out in the country, my 3.2 ate his ass for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At first i thought something happened as i had him by at least 15 car lengths to 100 mph. those things are turds! we raced again just to see wtf and i whooped him bad again. they are POS

·
Registered
109 Posts
i beat a 2001 cougar in my 2001 intrepid se 2.7L. toe to toe in first, but my first gear is longer and second gear bit and i was gone. ended up about 4 cars lengths from 0- 70

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hmm, makes me want to go against my friend Scott. He has a pos 1992 Nissan Sentra, and sometimes he drives his mom's Mercury Cougar, a black one. I know I'd beat him no matter what car he drove. Hell even sometimes, he drives his brother's Dodge Shadow, although he might be getting a Mitsu 3000GT. But Scott ain't much of a car person anyway, although he drives like a jackass.. which kinda scares me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts