DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the Marketing "Geniuses" at Chrysler-reason I may never buy Dodge again

I love the car- never have had a problem and approaching 40,000 miles quickly-so on that front I'm happy with Dodge. What really irks me is that I was in the dealership the other day and was looking at the accessories catalog and noticed they had some nice brushed aluminum door sill guards that had the name of the vehicle engraved on them. I looked for ones that said Intrepid and guess what- YOU GUESSED IT- NOTHING! I started looking for other things for the Intrepid and noticed that the ratio was about 1:3. Every other vehicle had 3 accessories for the Intrepid's one. The Neons had performance kits, the Dakota's, Durangos and Minivans had nice interior dress up pieces etc. Its really pissed me of that aren't too many accessories for this car and that Chrysler doesn't seem to realize (or care) that there are people who want to fix up thier cars to make them stand out a little more. When I buy another car I'm going to see how well the manufacturer supports the owners of the car (through devlopment of accessories and engine mods) and take that into account when looking at a vehicle. I think I may switch back over to GM since they seem to have a great accessory development team.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
It goes back to the whole analogy that the average person that buys an Intrepid is between 30-45 with at least one kid and a wife. There is no market for performance parts.

On the other hand, i don't know why they have 3:1 parts for the Minivans. I guess those minivan owners are pretty much the same people that buy the Intrepids... yet I am sure they probably sell a hell of a lot more Caravans / TCs than Intrepids.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
one thing is whta the car was designed for too it was suppost to be a roomy family sedan that had average to above average engine power and thats why most ppl bought it now that nascar has the new trep style more and more will porbobly be coming out and i think it all starteed with the R/t motorsports intrepid

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Call me vane, but I think that you have to have a good-looking car to start out with if you want to make a statement. Most GM cars (in my opinion...with the exception of the Bonneville) are ugly..... and no amount of mods--performance or appearance--will make them look as good to me as my Intrepid does now. Given that, I am not upset with the general lack of such mods for the Intrepid.

And besides, I'd rather drive my less-powerful Intrepid than have some souped up and ugly Grand Am, Alero, Grand Prix, or whatever. Why? Because I place more importance on the style and appearance than the engine. People only notice the speed and power of your car from the close comfort of a stop light at an intersection or the passing lane on the highway. They notice the style and appearance of the car from much further away.

Having said that, however, I would have loved to get an R/T.... the best of both worlds... but I knew I couldn't afford one... and I wasn't going to break the bank just because the R/T is more powerful.

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Neons are kid cars... Just as young people want big/fast trucks...

The Intrepid is a FUll SIze Sedan so it is rare or hard to find official parts that enhance or increase the look and performance...

I own a 97 Trep Sport and the car before that a 96 ES Trep and before that a 77 Caddi Coup DE VIle 475... and I lovr the Intrepid and now DOdge/Dailmer Chysler Corp.

I would say trade in your vehicle and get a 06 Charger SRT 6.1 HEMI! My dream car is a 69 Charger ever since dukes of Hazzard... R/T 426 HEMI...

Ryan

Just like I like the new Ford Five Hundred LIMITED AWD but as a full size sedan i expect no fancy door guards or anything as it is a full size luxery sedan built in a Volvo plant...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I personally don't have a problem with the fact that Chrysler has little available for my car. I can go somewhere else if I want something. I'm just happy the RB1 works with the Intrepid ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
The intrepid is a very nice looking vehicle, for more sleek and sportier than any other vehicle for the same price (in my opinion). the fact that chrysler doesn't have much to offer in terms of mods isn't so surprising. I mean i dont care how many intrepids you may see on the road, the fact is that chrysler has sold way more minivans and trucks than they have sold of the intrepids. this being said, it really doesn't surprise me that there aren't many mod's available for the chrysler. Oh well that just makes the intrepid that more precious.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Intrepid's with exhaust, and rims in my town? Just me.
Neons with exhaust and rims? A ton of them.
THAT is what makes Intrepids different from the rest.
P.S.
holy old thread!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'm a huge car enthuasiast. Some minor accessories on my truck. My 69 Super Bee is getting it's biggest upgrade under the hood. Our 65 Belvedere is keep original and that in itself is a tougher battle than accessorizing.

But I have no complaint for lack of accessories from Dodge for Intrepids or their cousins because I have zero interest in accessorizing it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow. Holy old thread, Batman!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just ment they are affordable and aimed toward younger buyers... My girlfried has a silver 02 Neon...

I know a girl who is 40 and owns a SRT 4

but I still think the Neon is aimed towards youngewr buyers...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Intrepidman96 said:
I just ment they are affordable and aimed toward younger buyers... My girlfried has a silver 02 Neon...

I know a girl who is 40 and owns a SRT 4

but I still think the Neon is aimed towards youngewr buyers...

It is, as you can tell by the picture at dodge.com of it in front of a college (or what looks to be a college).

-Brandon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts