DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out the new toy I got... right in the middle. 17" flatscreen. ;)

God I love it when the job hooks me up with perks.

Funny story regarding how me and my boss ended up with one of those flatscreens. Lets just say he "bent the rules" regarding a recent order we made for one of the groups here. ;)

God I love a boss that "bends the rules" every now and then. ;) Oh and lets us play UT and Quake... hehehehe.

The laptop on the left is my Toshiba 1Ghz Geforce2 laptop. The one on the right is my iBook. Not a bad setup eh? I just wished I had windows... but of course when you work in NYC... there aint a single computer guy that ever gets an office with a window unless its a real small company or you are a top executive.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahaha... geeez I wonder who's car that is. **** I have that background on almost all my PCs. The guys at my job are raggin on me cause they are ricers.

Besdies... I have to remind myself im IOM. Hehehehe. Ill tell ya... this definitely qualifies for the shortest lived IOM reign. First we have server issues to get me up there. Now a site move. Hahahah. Maybe its cause im from NYC. Hahaha

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I used to have a window in my office before I got laid off. :cry:

Maybe I'll become a window washer and have a permanent window seat.:wink:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL LOL LOL

Im sorry man but that made me laugh pretty hard.

:baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Warlord187 said:
I have a 21" monitor. :biggrin:
Funny thing is, I got a 21" monitor right before they announced the layoffs. So I got to enjoy it for about 6 months. :)

It took a day or two to get used to that monster. I actually sat back to read the screen. But once you are used to it, going to one of the processor's desks and looking at their 15" or 17" monitors made me have to squint!!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually... at home ive had a Sony Trinitron 19" monitor for almost three years now. Been pretty happy with it. 19" is a nice size, almost equivalent to a 17" flatscreen. Anything over 19" is just overkill. The monitor is just a clunker though... and as you can see from the pics above... the flatscreen allows me to have a keyboard in front and work rather comfortably.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The most impressive displays I've seen to date are those made by Panoramtech. Some of the 911 centers I've worked with utilize their desktop displays and a buddy of mine has one of their presentation displays - that thing is a monster.

I figured you guys might want to check them out as you seem to be into that sort of thing. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts