DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got the 97 ZJ I've been itching to have it earn it's Jeep name under my care.

Today, it did just that. I managed not to get stuck at all, and hit some pretty nice trails. Here are just a few photos and vids. Both Jeeps are 2wd, we had a Friend come with us that had a Dodge Ram Diesel 4x4 but a pin hole leak in his radiator ended his fun at the start of the trail.

I will say, with low tread front tires, basically new rear tires (used) the Jeep exceed my expectations. Once it made it through one area I would go further in to see how far she could go. But what really got me, I started the jeep around 11 o clock, and did not turn it off til after 4 after traveling 20 miles there and back, then playing around for 3-4 hours and I barely used any fuel. I started with 3/4 tank and now just lil close to the half way mark.

Showing off that stock flex!

End Report

Present left by jeep in waffle house parking lot.

For what it is worth, I realize the trails were not that hardcore, but was what I considered beyond a Stock Jeeps limits atleast a 2WD at that. For those wondering, Jeep did not have fog lights factory, or Front recovery tow hooks. I am one foglight and Autoheadlamp sw away from having them.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Did you pick up aftermarket front hooks? I had a friend get his jeep (like yours but white and 4x4) stuck and crazy hung up, When I tried to pull him from the front with my 2500HD (No space to get in behind him) It bent his hook and snapped the tow strap!

Just a forewarning for ya.

Now I have to come down there one day with my truck to play haha!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you pick up aftermarket front hooks? I had a friend get his jeep (like yours but white and 4x4) stuck and crazy hung up, When I tried to pull him from the front with my 2500HD (No space to get in behind him) It bent his hook and snapped the tow strap!

Just a forewarning for ya.

Now I have to come down there one day with my truck to play haha!
They were on a Zj like mine at the junkyard. The Mounting Brackets are Factory deals and bolt in the frame with about 7 bolts. The hooks say they are 10,00lbs rated hooks. I have yet to test them out though. I knew I was going to take the jeep out sooner or later and wanted proper recovery ability if I got stuck.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i love mudding but hate mud!! lol

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You gonna clean that waffle house parking lot looks like the jeep took a dump!

Looks like you had as much fun with a 2wd as you would with 4wd.

Same ground clearance just pushin' not pullin'.

Let me know when you want to sell!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think my computer is glitchin', I don't see a Jeep in the last 4 pics, all I see is mud! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts