DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Remote starters are great...

I have an AutoCommand 20036, which will start the car, unlock/lock the doors (with alarm), pop the trunk, and flash lights when you are lost in a parking lot. It is a pretty slick unit. Installed by yourself you can get them for about 150 bucks. Pretty straight forward directions, step by step.

They do suck in the snow though.... Especially when the plow comes by and reburies you..

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
if you haven't already, Goto synthetic Oil. makes cold starts SOO much easier. the oil stays thin to very very low temps... also better because it lubricates at the low temps too

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i've never run anything but pennzoil in my car...don't really want to switch oils. i've heard that as long as you go 5-w30 you're safe in the winter with conventional.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I remember way back in high school autoshop seeing the difference that penzoil and other oils made on old motors. Penzoil creates this incredible sludge, bogs the engine down and reduces performance. Lubricates the hell out of it...but rather nasty. I would recommend oil additives to whatever you use. They are polymers that actually make the oil better at doing it's job; at the molecular level even. Stage right, stage left even.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
my dad puts penzoil in all his cars.. because it creates more oil pressure. but I converted him to sythetic now. runs SO much cleaner.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.