DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok since i know we cant talk about iom... what if we could have sometime of deal where we have 1 acocunt or 1 member who would be nameless who would own an account to recieve pms on who has the best ride of the week and every friday have that car displayed on the main welcome page?
that way we have more stufff other then whats put on there now?
ok this is thrown up now let the brain storming begin

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I like this idea, but its pretty much the same thing as IOM. I said it the last time this was suggested and I'll say it again, I'd we willing to moderate it.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
I personally would like to see some pics of the cars on the front page vs. what is there now. I think if new visitors came to the site and saw cars like theirs, they might actually stay, register, and pay. I'd be happy to help as well.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hows this 00rt and I can show 5 or 6 cars from this forum with no names and then you pm us to see who you vote for then friday we let the member know he won and he could write a short thankyou and what not then sometime that day we have it posted in the main pag. then it starts over next week?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
hows this 00rt and I can show 5 or 6 cars from this forum with no names and then you pm us to see who you vote for then friday we let the member know he won and he could write a short thankyou and what not then sometime that day we have it posted in the main pag. then it starts over next week?
That sounds pretty much like IOM. I doubt it would fly.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When IOM died, was period where I was not on the site very much, so I don't know all the details.

It seems to me that most of the moderators were old guard members like myself who have either moved on to different cars or just don't visit the site like they used to, there is a new group of members who come often and would like to see their cars featured somehow.

I would be willing to moderate a new Car or the Week, Month, Year.

Like most contests like this, it is a popularity contest, but all elections are.

So I suggest we do not resurrect the IOM, we create the DI.net COTM

I will start a poll for this question, seems I am all about starting polls this week, I fell like Gallop.

Charles

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea have where not the memebr but mods or some body shots of the car be shown..... for voting....we will have to see whos really honnest here...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
MathWiz said:
When IOM died, was period where I was not on the site very much, so I don't know all the details.

It seems to me that most of the moderators were old guard members like myself who have either moved on to different cars or just don't visit the site like they used to, there is a new group of members who come often and would like to see their cars featured somehow.

I would be willing to moderate a new Car or the Week, Month, Year.

Like most contests like this, it is a popularity contest, but all elections are.

So I suggest we do not resurrect the IOM, we create the DI.net COTM

I will start a poll for this question, seems I am all about starting polls this week, I fell like Gallop.

Charles
You are very correct about most of the moderators having moved on to different cars and most of them don't spend much time here. I have been visiting this site since 2000, when my dad bought my car. I found it when I was looking for some info for him. I browsed the site quite frequently but didn't feel like I should join until I bought the car from him. Since then, I've been on the site constantly. I was very sorry to see IOM go away because when I first bought my car my goal was to some day elevate to the level of the IOM winners. I don't really get compliments from other people outside of this site, and to impress enough members here to be voted IOM is quite an accomplishment and something I really looked forward to. I know some stuff went on but the site just doesn't seem to have the same atmosphere it used to. I would really like to see some of the next generation of members have some control over the site. I can think of a few dozen of us who are here every day and make nothing but positive contributions to the site. If we had some control, I think we could return di.net to its former glory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting the old moderators, I wouldn't expect them to be dedicated to the site now that they've moved on to different cars and whatever. I know this is kind of an off limits topic here and I'm sorry if I beoke the rules I jsut really wanted to provide my opinion on the subject.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
You are very correct about most of the moderators having moved on to different cars and most of them don't spend much time here. I have been visiting this site since 2000, when my dad bought my car. I found it when I was looking for some info for him. I browsed the site quite frequently but didn't feel like I should join until I bought the car from him. Since then, I've been on the site constantly. I was very sorry to see IOM go away because when I first bought my car my goal was to some day elevate to the level of the IOM winners. I don't really get compliments from other people outside of this site, and to impress enough members here to be voted IOM is quite an accomplishment and something I really looked forward to. I know some stuff went on but the site just doesn't seem to have the same atmosphere it used to. I would really like to see some of the next generation of members have some control over the site. I can think of a few dozen of us who are here every day and make nothing but positive contributions to the site. If we had some control, I think we could return di.net to its former glory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting the old moderators, I wouldn't expect them to be dedicated to the site now that they've moved on to different cars and whatever. I know this is kind of an off limits topic here and I'm sorry if I beoke the rules I jsut really wanted to provide my opinion on the subject.
True dat, Steve!!! :fun_08:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts