DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another kill for the Ram Van!! Its got more then the Trep now, lol. Im still trying to figure out why anyone would race a hi-top conversion van, must be my loud pipes. Its a 97, with the 5.9L, no shortage of power, will burn tires all day, etc, but there is a shortage of gas mileage-- about 13/17.

Anyways, I was on my way to NAPA today, sitting at a stop light 2 miles before entering town. I noticed a blue Ram truck, about an 04-05, pull up next to me. Its a long red light, and he's power-braking it, his ass end skidding around and getting close to my van. I throw in my own power brake, and start rolling the one-wheel peel, then light turns green, and he bolts off, and I am sitting there with the tires still smoking. I stuffed it, and caught right up with him. I could hear his truck downshift as he gave it hell, but no match for the van. We ended up hitting 90 MPH-- in a 55, and I was ahead 3 car lengths plus before town. He ended up behind me laying on the horn as I pulled into NAPA.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
32Intrepid said:
Another kill for the Ram Van!! Its got more then the Trep now, lol. Im still trying to figure out why anyone would race a hi-top conversion van, must be my loud pipes. Its a 97, with the 5.9L, no shortage of power, will burn tires all day, etc, but there is a shortage of gas mileage-- about 13/17.

Anyways, I was on my way to NAPA today, sitting at a stop light 2 miles before entering town. I noticed a blue Ram truck, about an 04-05, pull up next to me. Its a long red light, and he's power-braking it, his ass end skidding around and getting close to my van. I throw in my own power brake, and start rolling the one-wheel peel, then light turns green, and he bolts off, and I am sitting there with the tires still smoking. I stuffed it, and caught right up with him. I could hear his truck downshift as he gave it hell, but no match for the van. We ended up hitting 90 MPH-- in a 55, and I was ahead 3 car lengths plus before town. He ended up behind me laying on the horn as I pulled into NAPA.
Dan, next time I come over we should take the van out and smoke some ricers!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
As an ex owner of an 04 hemi ram, I was a little dissapointed w/the all out acceleration...but damn could it pull a trailer.

I haven't run with a 1500 hemi ram with my 96 ES, but I blew the doors off of a 2500 hemi ram with my 96 ES (3.5L of course)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
As an ex owner of an 04 hemi ram, I was a little dissapointed w/the all out acceleration...but damn could it pull a trailer.

I haven't run with a 1500 hemi ram with my 96 ES, but I blew the doors off of a 2500 hemi ram with my 96 ES (3.5L of course)
I wanna kill my 3.2 so i can go up to a 3.5 and get 25 more hp lol :(

OOOOH i like the new editing thing.

Congratulations on the kill Dan, next weekend you'll have to show us what it's capable of.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
5.9L may be down on horsepower but damn are they good at moving heavy vehicles.

Congrats on the hemi kill.

My 87 Ram has a 5.9L Magnum engine from a van just like yours.
It's 4100 lbs and it pushed it to a 15.0 in the quarter. I've since switched it to a 5 spd manual. Hope to better my 15.0.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan is that the 3 spd auto or 4spd o/d auto??

My 318 3 spd had tons o balls too.
Its the 4spd auto -- 47RH I believe is the trans model. Ive got a flowmaster 80 on it and 2.5 inch exhaust. It rumbles and loves to burn tires. I just took it thru the mountains for the first time in PA, and for such a big vehicle there was no problems climbing the hills at all, and a 20 mpg average. Definately a traveling machine-- I wish it got 20 mpg in the city..more like 12....

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
^^^ hahhah thats too funny.... ya ppl sometimes take it too seriously ... ive had a few van racers but its usually in montanas, and those shitty mitsubishi engines 3.0L ahhahha... i can spot the ricer vans with their hid kits.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ hahhah thats too funny.... ya ppl sometimes take it too seriously ... ive had a few van racers but its usually in montanas, and those shitty mitsubishi engines 3.0L ahhahha... i can spot the ricer vans with their hid kits.
Everytime!! Once I had someone follow me to my driveway and start talking ****--it was quite entertaining until he wanted to scrap, then the tire iron came out of my trunk-- IIRC that was back in my Mustang days..

·
Banned
58 Posts

if he is powerbraking and "bolting" off, why would he be in any position to require a downshift?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if he is powerbraking and "bolting" off, why would he be in any position to require a downshift?
That happened when I caught up with him after he took off from the light, not while he was power braking-- he probably let off thinking I wasnt going to mess with him then saw me coming and punched it again...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts