DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the Meguiars three step process over and over again. It is a great process and produces great results, but I read somewhere that Polishiong works twice a year or so and all you need to do is wax it.

I will start just waxing instead of the three step process all the time.

Could I have done any damage, or just down more work than was needed?

I am quite conscious about polishing too much, my paints starting to fade in new spots... Its scary!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i dont think that polishing it would do any harm, but it might fade out your paint like your saying, but i still doubt it, i dont see how it would..

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i question that... if you're just throwing wax on top of wax on top of wax, you'll end up with a realy hazy finish. If anything you could probably get away with just steps 1 and two. The paint cleaner really works wonders.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
the cleaner is clear coat safe so no it shouldnt have any impact on your paint. Now if you're polishing the hell out of it frequently with a dirty or abrasive aplicator, i'd imagine that could cause a few problems.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I always did the 3 step twice a year, and like waxed like once inbetween, if that. And usually a cool wash like once a week. My 93 `trep looked as good as new, as did the `dak when I had it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.