1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
rape

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If that guy is good with a stick, he will rape you. Basically anybody good driving stick will rape you. My friend has a civic manual and he can beat v6 mustangs and camaro's. (Keep in mind he only has 103 horse or so..).

-Brandon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Warlord187 said:
What year and trim level? If it's the base model, it would be close. If not, you'd get raped.
He said it's the V6 model, so that means it's a 2nd gen (93-97). So, it boasts a 2.5L DOHC V6 pushing ~164 hp, ~160 tq. The 5-speed runs a mid-high 15. In other words, RAPED! Sorry man.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Astrogiblet said:
If that guy is good with a stick, he will rape you. Basically anybody good driving stick will rape you. My friend has a civic manual and he can beat v6 mustangs and camaro's. (Keep in mind he only has 103 horse or so..).

-Brandon

sry man but id like to see that before i belive it. :) i raped an acura earlier on the highway but again its only 135 i think. we both were at 100 km/h then went for a while. me maxing out at 180 km/h grrr but still he has behind by alot

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yeah.. I havent confirmed it myself, but he always talks about it, and says he has videos of it, and his friends talk about it a lot even. Theres about 3 underground racing scenes in my area that he goes too.

-Brandon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
Yeah.. I havent confirmed it myself, but he always talks about it, and says he has videos of it, and his friends talk about it a lot even. Theres about 3 underground racing scenes in my area that he goes too.

-Brandon
Sounds like BS to me...And if his mentality is the typical rice boy mentality, I'm sure his buddies that are backing him up have the same mentality too...Sure, you can do stuff to a Civic to make it fast, but if it's a stock Civic, there's no way in hell he's beating even V6 Stangs and F-Bodies, except MAYBE the mid-90s V6 Mustangs (slowest), which can run something like a high 16, but even that would require some modification. Regardless, I'd tell him that beating up on V6 Mustangs and Camaros isn't something I'd be bragging about :rollgrin: When he can beat GTs, Z28s, and Trans Ams, then he can start talking ****, IMO. But then again, it'd still be a Civic :greddy2: :bigparty:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yea... He has done work on his car. He has a cold air intake ready to go in, as well as he has a turbo that he hasnt put in yet. He's looking for a new 200hp racing engine to put in.. But again "its still a civic".

-Brandon

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr

a 200hp racing engine? my 400hp+ "69" firebird sits back and takes wonder. :baaa:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yeah... I'm talking about 200 horse for a civic. He wants the engine from the Civic R's that are only made in Japan. They are 200 horse and mod ready. Their block is special made to handle turbo and extra power.

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
A stock 93 Honda Civic puts down 87 horsepower to the wheels. With cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust(no cats) the most I have ever heard was 100 horsepower to the wheels.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
(1) his isnt 93, its like 99 I believe, (2) I already stated it has 103 horsepower, and (3) I dont know all his mods, although his parents own a resteraunt that he works at and he gets tons of money to put into his car all the time.

-Brandon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
(1) his isnt 93, its like 99 I believe, (2) I already stated it has 103 horsepower, and (3) I dont know all his mods, although his parents own a resteraunt that he works at and he gets tons of money to put into his car all the time.

-Brandon
(1) Edited because I didn't read thoroughly enough... (2) There's a difference between crank HP and wheel HP. All manufacturer power ratings are what the engine produces at the crank. Not all of this power makes it to the wheels (the belt driven accessories eat power, and power is lost through the drivetrain). Now, in 99, standard Civics were rated at 106 HP. (3) If he has some basic mods (you say he has a CAI and a turbo kit sitting around...that doesn't help him any, lol), he *MIGHT* be pushing 103 HP at the wheels...still not much.

*Edited, not relevant to the thread*

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
nagataTSi said:
(1) Okay...let's get the story straight here. First you say it's a 93, and now you're saying it's a 99? Which one is it? :rolleyes: (2) There's a difference between crank HP and wheel HP. All manufacturer power ratings are what the engine produces at the crank. Not all of this power makes it to the wheels (the belt driven accessories eat power, and power is lost through the drivetrain). Now, in 99, standard Civics were rated at 106 HP. (3) If he has some basic mods (you say he has a CAI and a turbo kit sitting around...that doesn't help him any, lol), he *MIGHT* be pushing 103 HP at the wheels...still not much.

I'm not trying to bash you, but it seems like you're defending this guy quite a bit for no reason, and your argument isn't very good...Sorry.

Umm.. He never said it was a 93..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Justin said:
Umm.. He never said it was a 93..
Hmmm, I could've sworn he said it was a 93 previously. My apologies.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
nagataTSi said:
Sounds like BS to me...And if his mentality is the typical rice boy mentality, I'm sure his buddies that are backing him up have the same mentality too...Sure, you can do stuff to a Civic to make it fast, but if it's a stock '93 Civic, there's no way in hell he's beating even V6 Stangs and F-Bodies, except MAYBE the mid-90s V6 Mustangs (slowest), which can run something like a high 16, but even that would require some modification. Regardless, I'd tell him that beating up on V6 Mustangs and Camaros isn't something I'd be bragging about :rollgrin: When he can beat GTs, Z28s, and Trans Ams, then he can start talking ****, IMO. But then again, it'd still be a Civic :greddy2: :bigparty:
Oh you said it was a 93, what the hell are you trying to pull here putting words into Astro's ummm post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts