DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm more settled in to the new place, I thought it'd be fun to host a meet, since now there's actually room to work.

I was thinking sometimes in mid June, such as the weekend of the 13th, but I'm open to whatever works for the majority of you.

The driveway has the capacity for 3 (possibly 4 depending on when my aunt is home, but that's a dirt spot) cars plus a car in the garage. My place is on a main road but the road it's that busy. To make room I'll park my mom's car and the Prizm on the street. There's a shop in the processes of being renovated next door which has lots of parking, but I'm not sure how willing the person would be (not even there all the time) for allowing us to park there. So let's assume 3-4 driveway plus street parking.

I figure we can do a cookout or something for food (local farm fresh burgers anyone?), and there's a nice park/lake up the road we can go for photos and such.

Let me know if you're interested, what day or days work for you, and what you'd like to do. :)

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,555 Posts
If I don't get my weekends off from work taken from me this summer I'd like to make a go at it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent the day powerwashing and sweeping the garage floor so we have a relatively clean place to work on a car. Also now I have a nice cleans pot for my engine. :D

Tomorrow after the engine arrives I'll finish cleaning the driveway.

How does burgers and hotdogs sound for dinner? There's a farm here that sells its own locally produced meat...cooked up some of their burgers a few weeks ago and they were awesome. What do you guys want?

There's also a Subway or two, and local places that have good food for lunch.

Oh and there's a CarQuest and an Advance Auto less than a mile away.

So far Sunday seems like the day most can make it. If people would like to spend the night I can see if that would work, but it depends on if the kitchen contractors are done or not by then.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,555 Posts
Holy shihtzu Batman! Are ya talking aboot this Sunday?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it's planned for June 13th. I'm just getting things cleaned up well in advance since I'd rather not rush. Plus I had to do it anyway to get the engine in the garage. Sorry if their was confusion!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a little over a week away now, if you know you can come (or think you'll be able to) please post here so I have a list (and plan the amount of food needed).

Also, I'll have a water, Coke, and PowerAde but you're welcome to bring drinks (don't really do alcohol though). Also if someone has a cooler they can bring that would be great, as I only have one.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I plan to pick up the food tomorrow, so if anyone has any updates on whether they're coming or not that'd be helpful.

Weather is supposed to be cloudy and cool, which IMO is good weather for working. Garage is clear for working on cars as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts