DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
Oelin said:
cause there wasn't many in service i would guess
actually its the other way around.. there are still a bunch in service. once they start to get decomissioned, parts will become more available..

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
mainly cuz your dealing with only one generation of the car.. crown vic's and caprices were cop cars for many many many years..

and besides around here the "cop rims" are just steelies with hubcaps.. like the base models came with.. nothing special about em

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I seem to remember reading the slots in the rims were bigger for better brake cooling. I could be wrong though, I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brownsound said:
Couldn't you use rims from any police car? I mean wouldn't a set of Impala police rims fit on our Treps?
thanks for bringin it up; do other police rims fit on a 2nd gen intrepid? thanks

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Impala rims should fit

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Great White said:
I seem to remember reading the slots in the rims were bigger for better brake cooling. I could be wrong though, I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Cheers

BJ
The openings in the rims weren't anything special. However, Police Package Treps do have ducts in the front bumper to channel air for better brake cooling.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
The openings in the rims weren't anything special. However, Police Package Treps do have ducts in the front bumper to channel air for better brake cooling.
In fact, the police wheels only have 5 slots as opposed to the dozen or so on the standard steelie.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
i want to see pics of these airducts please

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not to Hi-Jack this thread, but be on the look-out Va. State Troopers are driving un-marked Intrepids. All have blacked-out window tint, with a bunch of antennae's on the trunk lid and some have wheel covers over the police-type wheels. If I can I'll try and get a picture.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Captain said:
Not to Hi-Jack this thread, but be on the look-out Va. State Troopers are driving un-marked Intrepids. All have blacked-out window tint, with a bunch of antennae's on the trunk lid and some have wheel covers over the police-type wheels. If I can I'll try and get a picture.

city cops have been doing it out here when i first got my intrepid stock with tint people thought i was a cop.. was fun

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kcarlos2000 said:
check with vanintrepid (I believe that is his name) he is selling a set but he is in Canada and does not want to ship them. he has a FS thread about them in this same section.
thanks for the info; but i lost contact with him a while back...... =(

·
Registered
518 Posts
someone explain to me the facination with police rims? I mean, they look ok, but not a real head turner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts