Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Uh..No.

Votes: 15 35.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why and who likes to debadge and what their reasoning for it is. Some people take the ram off the hood and the dodge off the back and everything. Others like a complete stock look. I wanna hear both sides of the story.

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
makes ppl wonder wtf kinda car ur driving...and i agree with steph.. i live in an apartment building and there are 3 second gens in this building alone. and i just mean intrepids.. lol so.. mine being debaged sets it out..

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,837 Posts
I like a happy medium. I like most emblems, some that I dont like or I think dont belong there I remove, but will never remove all of them. I have hood and trunk badges, but no side badges.

IMO the car looks too plain without any badges.

·
Registered
424 Posts
makes ppl wonder wtf kinda car ur driving...and i agree with steph.. i live in an apartment building and there are 3 second gens in this building alone. and i just mean intrepids.. lol so.. mine being debaged sets it out..
Lol i think everyone will know what an intrepid is even if you debage it. Out of all the second gens i think its the best seller, as i see one every 2 minutes or less on the road. I like my lhs though as the only badges on it are LHS on the sides of the door and nothing else besides the chrysler logo on the front and back. I've been pulled over a couple of times and the cops ask what kinda car it is though.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
See, I totally disagree with debagding so people don't know what model of the car that you're driving. That is a typical ricer trick. I am totally debadged because I love the clean look. I even took off the door moldings and pin stripes and I love it.

Now I'll agree that some trunk badging could be fine, but the sides of the car look so much better without any crap on it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Personally, I think just having "Intrepid" on the trunk lid is enough badging. Im not a fan of the "Dodge" on the doors on the 98-01, and I've seen too many Treps without the hood emblem so it looks kinda tacky when its there lol.

EDIT: Debadging is almost required when the chrome in the badges peels off, leaving the letters the color of dried glue.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Personally, I think just having "Intrepid" on the trunk lid is enough badging. Im not a fan of the "Dodge" on the doors on the 98-01, and I've seen too many Treps without the hood emblem so it looks kinda tacky when its there lol.

EDIT: Debadging is almost required when the chrome in the badges peels off, leaving the letters the color of dried glue.
That's why I first debadged. I had new badges in hand and then before I put them on I stepped back and the decision was easy to leave them off, I've never looked back.

I need to throw the INTREPID back on the trunk lid because you can see where it faded around it, but those letters were peeling really bad.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Took it all off. then put my own on.
Well if you count door sills, then I am plenty badged. I have the chrome letters for the intrepid on the trunk on both front doors and es letters on both rears.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The front ram badge always flys off eventually. But it look better without it IMO

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think it just looks cleaner without all the badging on the cars. I think just having "intrepid" on the back is good looking too, but from factory with "dodge" and the trim level on the back, I think it gets a to be a bit much

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm thinking of removing mine. Mine was purchased with a cracked front badge. I swear, it's like an amulet beckoning all pickup trucks to back their beds over the front of my car in WalMart..."hey, it's already cracked, want to add to the fun?"

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Debadged, and no side moldings..really cleans up the curves of the car, and if you want to stand out, run the exhaust out the passenger side, I got pulled over and the cop only wanted the registration cus he couldnt tell what I was driving lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Like most people said, looks really clean. However, I wish I had left on the Ram's head because I want people to know it's a Dodge. I would put it underneath the trunk key hole now though. I left the Intrepid lettering on there because that's what the car is and unlike ricers, I'm proud of the car I'm driving.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My R/T has all of her badges, but I totally debadged my bike.

I may take the ram off the hood, but the rest is going to stay.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,873 Posts
I would say it's a matter of one's personal preference.

When I bought my 2nd Trep, the only badging it had was the "Intrepid" lettering on the trunk. I happen to like some badging and added the "Dodge" & "Police Interceptor" trim to the trunk lid.

I intend to eventually remove the trunk lock cylinder, seal the hole, then cover it with a Ram's Head. The hood Ram's Head will eventually be replaced with one from a Charger.

However, I'll leave the sides of the car the way it came with no markings.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts