DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
The touch up paint that I got from the dealer is off as well. Don't really know why. I just did it to prevent rust buildup.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
it may be due to your car's paint aging, and the fact taht clear coat touch ups will always show, it is difficult to blend clear-coat and such

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
My platnium touch up paint is too light. However I shook it quite well before i used it and it seems to work. I have to use some on the bottom of my bumper because theres a big part that you can see the now black bumper.

--Gorm

·
Registered
714 Posts
The Intrepids use 2 part paint.

After you put the paint in, you'll need the clear coat for the colors to match.

Hardwarz

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Any time you are touching up it's best to get paint from a body shop which has color matched your current car, not simply gone off the color code on the door jamb. And like mentioned, if you really want them to be invisible you need to touch it with color and then build it up with clear coat before lots of wet sanding and buffing to blend it all together...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Touch up paint is a pain...

When I needed to fix some rock chips on my old intrepid, I took the paint and used my modeling airbrush to apply it. Looked alot better, and I was able to blend the paints better with the old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts