DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That is why..... parked my car straight last night, walking out to it this morning I saw that it was crooked.... got closer and saw this little number. And of course, the person that hit me didn't leave their information. There is probably an 80% chance that they were drunk as well.

Wonderful way to start the weekend.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Damn, that sucks man. Just be glad its just the bumper. Had they hit the quarter panel you would have been looking at quite a bill.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... thank god! I'm wondering how much this is going to cost though.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Damn that sucks. It would piss me off even more that they didn't leave any info. ****ers. At least it's a pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kcarlos2000 said:
That sucks I would be pissed and checking cars in that area for red paint.

Yeah, I checked a lot of cars before I left, but didn't find anything. It was probably someone just in the complex for a party and they hit it on the way out. I'm going to check back periodically though.

LHS - it wasn't on campus, but it is campus affiliated housing... still no cameras though.

Does anyone know how much something like this might cost to get fixed? I'm assuming I'm going to need a new bumper.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
ltrain01rt said:
Does anyone know how much something like this might cost to get fixed? I'm assuming I'm going to need a new bumper.
You will definitely need a new bumper, and unfortunately the pearl paints (like the inferno red) are difficult to do and costly. Be sure to find a good body shop that knows how to spray pearl paint. I had my front bumper replaced and it looks off a shade in the light but the spoiler I bought painted from spoilerdepot is perfect so it can be matched if the painter knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Son of a *****! Sometimes I can’t believe how many assholes there are out there. Sure hope they didn’t wreck anything too bad behind the bumper. I had something like this happen to my little 325 a few years ago and I don’t think I’ve ever strung so many four letter words together in my life.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
just keep checking, looks like a small or low car to be able to do that something with a small front end,because if it had a bigger front end it would of shown,by hhaving bigger damage. so i would start looking around and call all the body shops in town if anyone comes in with front end damage,also i would take pics of the car and give them to the body shops so they can see the damage,also to see if anyone comes in with matching damage.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bumpers like that usually go for about $150-200 for just the shell, plastic outside, and about $100-150 for the metal reinforcements that go underneath them. I'd guess that's a $300'ish fix w/o paint if everything gets replaced and there isn't any structural damage.

And even if that place had cameras they probably wouldn't have seen squat, two of my friends got their cars hit/scrathed etc on two different campus parking lots with cameras that 'saw nothing' if they even tape anything. I'll be installing my own cameras...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
I checked out this thread not knowing what was going on. Once I saw who was involved and the results, I said S**t!! Here's an R/T that was pristine and well taken care of and some scumbag does this!! Temporarily you might be able to get underneath and pound the bumper cover back to semi-normal shape...hope so. Hope you get a good price on the repair also. Don't know what type of insurance you carry or who the carrier is..but I'd insist on new parts for this one! Sorry to see the damage.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I tired to pound it out a little bit, but it's no use.

Going to talk to insurance on Monday, see what our agent says - he's a pretty cool guy and wouldn't f*** us over, so hopefully the news won't be too bad.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Back in school, someone hit my driver's door real good. Luckily, they left a note. It was a guy who worked for a local electrician company. They paid for the damages, no fuss at all. Lucky me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
ahhhhh deja vu for me on this one. Last year my car was out front my my apartment and was nailed in the back by a drunk driver in a hit and run. I came out and it was sitting crooked like yours except up on the sidewalk. Only difference is they went in as far as my rear axle and snapped it and totaled the car.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NoLedge said:
ahhhhh deja vu for me on this one. Last year my car was out front my my apartment and was nailed in the back by a drunk driver in a hit and run. I came out and it was sitting crooked like yours except up on the sidewalk. Only difference is they went in as far as my rear axle and snapped it and totaled the car.
Damn that is horrible. That is why I am sorta thankful in this situation... things could have been MUCH worse very easily.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts