DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was driving home from work and her car just died on her. She tried to start it and it did start but when she put it in gear it sputtered and quit again. It took me about 20 minutes to get to her and when I got there it started up and drove fine all the way home. It did this a couple days ago too. Then she let it sit a couple minutes and it ran fine.

Reminds me of a crankshaft sensor but I replaced it about a year ago. Could it be bad again? I drove it to work this morning with no problems.

It has been raining alot here lately but everything looked dry under the hood.

The car is a 99 concorde with a 98 3.2.

David

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,450 Posts
Personally, I've never had any trouble with one of those... but others will tell you that they can't always be trusted. I'd go swapping crank sensors again with either a junk yard unit, or with a new one from the parts counter. Cam sensor to while you're at it wouldn't be a bad thing to try.

While the car is idling, you might try tapping on the top of the sensor with a wrench or screw driver handle... that has been done to prove a flaky sensor is bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.