DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home after dropping the wife of at her girl friends. Was on hwy 100 north bound just north of Hwy 494. was doing about 75mph. i see a little black honda catching up to me. i thought what to hell lets see what the little mom`s Neon LX can do. Her car is a 2.0 , 3 speed auto, with a drop in KN. He starts tail gateing me at 85mph then we hit some of the curves on the hwy. I floor it to a 105mph and he just falls back. He can`t handle the corners at all. I let off the gas a let him catch up a little. Every time we hit the curves a just smoke him bad. We get off on 42 ave and he follows me into Cub Foods. He parks next to me . He turned out to be a nice guy. He can`t understand why he cant out handle the Neon or catch it he has a few mods and a 5 speed. I told him off the line he would smoke her Neon but at 75 mph the little car really goes quick. and handles great. I told him about my R/T at home. He wanted no part a racing the R/T. He said if can`t catch a base Neon there was no way in hell he was going to beat a Intrepid R/T. Another Ricer who found out about American Iron and respect for Mother MOPAR.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Well done, Spook. As far as the Treps go, I like the handling style racing the best because that's where the car is at its' best. I've shocked some Audi's, VW's and the normal juiced ricers, especially through the turns. You can really push these things, especially the R/T through the esses and leave alot of cars in the dust. Eat Rice !!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had a Saturn behind me the other day and he kept riding my tail. I couldn't lose him because of the slow-poke in front. The poke finally turned off onto a side street and I took off. The road had some nice switchbacks on it and I left him way behind. It also helped having the autostick to get through the corners easier.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice kill Spook! I always get a kick out of your posts 'cause I recognize the highways and streets to which you refer. Nice extended racing season we're having this year, eh? For those of you outside the Twin Cities, this has been one of the mildest and most snowless winters of all time. We even broke some high temp records this year. :D

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: RapidTransit ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts