DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if the 15" wheels from our 99 2.7L will fit an 02 SXT, which has 17" wheels on it?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd rather not buy 17" winter tires for the SXT and we happen to have 2 sets of wheels for our 99 2.7 Intrepid, one of which has a brand new set of 15" winter tires.

I haven't done the math yet, but I suspect that 205/70-15 might not even be the same diameter as 225/55-17.

My only other thought would be to go with 16" wheels, but that would be a huge pain and more expense.

Thanks. :)

-mike

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Sorry, but no dice. I tried what Joe tried for some winter rims, and they wouldn't clear my brake calipers. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but 16's will fit???

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
02R/T said:
Sorry, but no dice. I tried what Joe tried for some winter rims, and they wouldn't clear my brake calipers. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but 16's will fit???
Yep, i ran stock intrepid 16" steelies on the LHS last winter with no problem, other than it was uugly ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I have several months (until November) to round up a set of 16" steel wheels and tires to go with them.

I know the steel wheels are ugly but around here, running with black steel wheels in the winter shows that you have the sense to use winter tires instead of pathetic all-season tires. :)

-mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.