DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air bag light is on in my 1995 chrysler concorde. i heard that the passenger air bag has been recalled. Although, when i called a chrysler dealership, they said there has been no such thing. I need to get my car inspected by april 1st. my question is, will it pass inspection with the air bag light on in New York State? I hope someone can answer my question.

·
Registered
448 Posts
For your sake, I hope not ...read the thread by Banana.

Get the system checked out and made operable. Pay by credit card and go directly to DC. If it's a recall they'll compensate you. If not, pay it off as your wallet permits.

Did I mention read the thread by Banana?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Get it fixed....alot of times it will be covered under the 10/100 safety items warranty so it may not cost you anything. While you are at it, have the vehicle undergo the NY State inspection at the dealership (they cannot charge you any extra since the NY Inspection is a set price)

My airbag light came on in my Neon recently. It was only a clockspring.

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Nor will it pass with an ABS light staying on. That one makes a little more sense that the airbag one but then again, you have to have seatbelts in working condition also, and it's for your own good. The ABS one can result in injury or death to someone else should your brakes malfunction...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Black electrical tape does the trick on a Olds Ciera I had.

·
Registered
781 Posts
um... the abs system is designed to switch to manual power brakes when there is a problem with the brake controller, etc... so it's not really a safety hazard... unless you actually damage the parts that control the brakes themselves...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ever had a brake lock up due to a bad sensor even under normal braking?? Or how about one that continually pulses while braking whether it's locked up or not? Both of those have happened to friends of mine. Hmmm, come to think of it, both were Chevy trucks...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts