DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new owner of a 97 LHS that I bought with a bad engine, and am swapping in an engine from a 97 Intrepid. My question is how much information on the donor car - specifically repair history - is available from a dealer if I went in with the VIN? The reason I ask is I was planning on putting in a water pump and timing belt before dropping the engine in, but they both look relatively new. The belt is a genuine Mopar part so I suspect is may have been done at a dealer somewhere.

If repair history isn't available would either the selling dealer or last known owner information be available?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
check out carfax.com for the history of the car... not 100% accurate but it should reveal owners etc and problems which where took to the dealer

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Go to a site like Edmunds.com they will list common problems. If not you may want to try the Chrysler web site. If you enter your vin number it will tell you of any unfinished recalls on your car. This is how I found out about the power seat adjuster on my Concorde. I notified the dealer (about three months ago), and nothing has been done yet! It goes back in about 1,000 miles for an oil change. I will ask about the parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts