DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
This is my first posting. I've been viewing this site for years and love the help it has given me. I'm not sure anyone has ever asked this question before so I will bring it up now. Can Evans NPG+ Coolant be used in newer Dodge and Ford vehicles that require HOAT Coolant? I've heard something about the glycols being different and that that could cause some issues. I'm planning on flushing my cooling system real soon and would rather not have to do it ever again (as this product advertises). What do you guys think?

Trep4Joy

PS I gotta lotta other questions for you guys but I'll hitcha one at a time. Thanks.

2002 SE 2.7L
44,600miles
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
Otherwise Stock

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sorry I can't really say what the chemical differances are... but did you read this in the FAQ:

Question: Is NPG a "DRAIN AND FILL" product?
Answer: If your system already has the effective flow rates needed to run with NPG, the answer is YES. Unfortunately, most vehicles, with the possible exception of large heavy duty engines and motorcycles, need some sort of modifications to establish the necessary flow rates required for effective operation with NPG.
You may need other changes to the coolant system to use this. Also the mopar extended life stuff is good for 5 years, it's not like you have to change it every year... so I don't know if it would be worth using this stuff... just my 2 cents!

PS Welcome to the site!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts