DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at the new Motegi DB12's in Glossy Black....they are SWEET. i noticed that they wernt that wide too, well compared to other 20s. im thinkin about getting the 18s or 20s. which ones should i get? they are both 7.5" wide and i dont really know about offset or backspacing. i have a 95 trep and dont want wheel scrubbing or any of that stuff. i checked the local place and they said they could get me these rims (18s) and good tires (225/35/18) for $1050, which i thought was a pretty good deal. check the link for the wheels, thanks.

http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/details.asp?parent=71&wheelid=70&name=DP12 Glossy Black&style=2398&desc=#

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but i was just wondering about the wheel gap cause i dont want a lot of space between the tire and fender like ive seena round....thats y i was thinkin about the 20s. but i do like the idea of 18s better. i dont really plan on lowering my car so i dunno....decisions decisions....

·
Registered
322 Posts
20's go with a 40 aspect tire, 18's go with a 45 or 50 aspect tire, with no lowering ull have no problems. had 225-55-17 on my white 93's and recommended for 18's on tirerack at least is a 235-50-18 for these cars so as each size goes up usually go down a size in aspect. 45 for 19's and then 40's for 20's. Just what ive seen in my experience.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i also think 20" on our cars would be a bit too much. i'd go with the 18". that's what i have and they look sweet. for all you guys looking for good wheels out there try "wheelmax.com". they have great selections and the prices are managable. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SICKKKKKK man those wheels rock i love 5stars....check what im lookin at gettin

ocelot post a pic of ur car with 18s, i wanna c :drool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
once i get a hold on my fiance's digital camera, i'll get some pics up on the site.

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Putting 20's on a trep, you might as well get spinners, and a system that you can hear from a mile away. They would be way to heavy, and would just look overdone. If you're wanting a racing look (which motegi's usually are for racing looks, if not racing), then go with 17 or 18. I would never go over 18, especially if you're planning on lowering it.

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hmm, I have 18's and they look good. But IMO 20's look better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts