DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i tinted my taillights and im not completely sure if it will pass NJ inspection, anyone know for sure? Here are some pictures...

·
Registered
946 Posts
They told me one time at the dealership I work at if they can see the light light up for parking lamp and brake light it'll pass. Idk lookin at the pics looks fine to me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
May depend what station you go to in NJ. Some see tints all the time and may pass, others not so much. Newark, probably go right thru

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
IMO, call or ask the inspection guy before having it inspected, that way you don't loose a shitload of money... Worse comes to worse, just swap them with stock ones if you have any...

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
If I ever tinted my tails, I would have an extra set in my trunk incase the cops had a huge deal. Like said above, ask the guys before going to inspection.

·
Registered
239 Posts
No one here seems to care about mine, but then again, they don't care what you do around here much as long as you don't hurt someone, and mine look the same as yours.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
IMO, call or ask the inspection guy before having it inspected, that way you don't loose a shitload of money... Worse comes to worse, just swap them with stock ones if you have any...
Inspection stations don't cost you a dime in NJ... aside from the assraping you get with taxes.

Do I think it will pass, no. But run it through anyway. What's the worst that can happen?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I thought the law only required two brake lights and no center, otherwise how can trailers and trucks get away with no center?
If the car was manufactored with them-they must be operational-all vehicles manufactured for sale in the US since 1986 had a center high mounted brake light, big rigs are heavy duty trucks which are excluded.
Tom

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That is about stupid... I don't have a center brake light, not a single cop, nor state cop in KY/WV/PA has pulled me over in two years for it... lol

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
That is about stupid... I don't have a center brake light, not a single cop, nor state cop in KY/WV/PA has pulled me over in two years for it... lol
Don't worry about the cop who doesn't notice your missing light and don't worry about passing inspection for tinted tails.

Why don't you worry about the idiot behind you who doesn't realize you are braking or are stopped and rear ends you.

I'll all for customizing and personalizing cars but when they hamper YOUR OWN saftey I have to wonder why would you even bother.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If someone cant notice when two big ass lights are on, on the side of a car, yet they can notice the itty little lights on the sides of a semi on when braking, then they need there eyes checked.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
If someone cant notice when two big ass lights are on, on the side of a car, yet they can notice the itty little lights on the sides of a semi on when braking, then they need there eyes checked.
It's not their eyes I'm doubting. It's their lack of attention due to a cell phone, children fighting in the back seat, a rain covered windsheild, a foggy morning.

Tinting tails maybe "cool" to some but making something better is "cooler" to me. In this case darker is not better.

Forgive my interest in this topic but if I was driving a semi I wouldn't be too worried about being rear ended. It's the family sedan that should be safe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts