DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been driving this for a couple weeks now, but never got around to taking any pictures of it until now (so I pulled it down next to my pond for some pictures). This is my 02 Chrysler 300M with 165k miles. It's got every option for the year except side air bags. All I've done to it so far is run it through the automatic car wash to get some dust off (and replace a tensioner on the ac belt), so these are the starting point photos. There is a lot of work to be done polishing the wheels back to chrome, tons of spots to fix with touch up paint, the engine bay is a complete disaster, and the interior needs a really thorough cleaning/conditioning... But for the price, I think its in good shape, and doesn't have a speck or rust on it..

This one is my favorite of the bunch..

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,692 Posts
Nice ride!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I just want to get it back to pristine condition. The camera didn't capture most of the paint flaws the car has. Once that's done, id like to get a set of Special mirrors, factory navigation, and id really like to track down the subs from the pro-am.

Are there a lot of mods available for these cars?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Subs from a pro-am??

Nice car, it definitely needs a bit of cleaning though! There are plenty of factory upgrades that you can do to your M.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Subs from a pro-am??

Nice car, it definitely needs a bit of cleaning though! There are plenty of factory upgrades that you can do to your M.
The wikipedia entry for the 300M mentioned that the 300M Pro-Am edition had an Infinity system with subwoofers. But judging by the fact that you asked that question, I'm guessing it's not true.. What kind of factory upgrades are available for the M?

And I definitely need to clean the engine bay.. I'm not sure how to go about it though with all the electronics..

·
Registered
552 Posts
First and foremost, if the timing belt, water pump, and theromstat have not been changed do that ASAP. The replacement on the TB is 7-years and/or 100k. If it breaks the engine suicides.

The Pro-ams did not have subwoofers. They had two-tone seats (I have them in my Special, as does Squilly and I think 1-2 others), window trim (just a Pro-am golf logo), Pro-am floormats, and special interior trim (it was solid silver, compared to the real wood/fake wood, or the Special carbon fiber). Just be aware, the Pro-am items rank as some of the rarest (and thus hardest) to find.

There's a independent factory subwoofer add-on called the Infinity Basslink that will work in our cars.

The 300Ms come pretty loaded as is, and you have a 2002 which was one of the best years (2001 being the other, options-wise). As you were thinking, you could easily start adding some of the Special parts, or do your own thing entirely with the interior or exterior.

I'd start looking at Specials and see if there's anything you'd want on your car (perhaps the HID headlights?), and that can act as a basis. If you'd like, check out my 04 signature and see if there's anything you like with the interior that could spawn some ideas (on the last page I added recent photos and the years for the parts I used).

For the exterior you could snag some new rims - Special or aftermarket. Many do 20s; the SRT LX wheels (aside from AWD) will do the task quite well here. Then of course you have tint, spoilers, dual exhaust (the Special one or something else entirely), and of course, anything with the grille. You can also add the Special lower cladding if you like it.

Performance-wise there's really not much worth noting to add individually. Things like exhaust and intake are some, but they add minimal HP. If you want very firm shifts, look into a 2002 Special PCM (03-04 Specials had a more relaxed shifting pattern).

·
Woober Goobers!
50,133 Posts
No LH cars came with subwoofers OEM period. Another example of how some Wikipedia input can skew information and lead you off track.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First and foremost, if the timing belt, water pump, and theromstat have not been changed do that ASAP. The replacement on the TB is 7-years and/or 100k. If it breaks the engine suicides.

The Pro-ams did not have subwoofers. They had two-tone seats (I have them in my Special, as does Squilly and I think 1-2 others), window trim (just a Pro-am golf logo), Pro-am floormats, and special interior trim (it was solid silver, compared to the real wood/fake wood, or the Special carbon fiber). Just be aware, the Pro-am items rank as some of the rarest (and thus hardest) to find.

There's a independent factory subwoofer add-on called the Infinity Basslink that will work in our cars.

The 300Ms come pretty loaded as is, and you have a 2002 which was one of the best years (2001 being the other, options-wise). As you were thinking, you could easily start adding some of the Special parts, or do your own thing entirely with the interior or exterior.

I'd start looking at Specials and see if there's anything you'd want on your car (perhaps the HID headlights?), and that can act as a basis. If you'd like, check out my 04 signature and see if there's anything you like with the interior that could spawn some ideas (on the last page I added recent photos and the years for the parts I used).

For the exterior you could snag some new rims - Special or aftermarket. Many do 20s; the SRT LX wheels (aside from AWD) will do the task quite well here. Then of course you have tint, spoilers, dual exhaust (the Special one or something else entirely), and of course, anything with the grille. You can also add the Special lower cladding if you like it.

Performance-wise there's really not much worth noting to add individually. Things like exhaust and intake are some, but they add minimal HP. If you want very firm shifts, look into a 2002 Special PCM (03-04 Specials had a more relaxed shifting pattern).
Do you have any more info on the Basslink? What's involved in the installation in our cars? I don't need tons of bass, I'd just like to add some more than I have..

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
looks good,, of course,, I like silver M's, dont know why

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick update on the M. Still haven't gotten any of the mods I want to do completed yet.. Currently, I am trying to track down multiple fluid leaks on the car. I'm leaking oil somewhere that is running down the frame and dripping off the driver side corner.. I am also leaking either coolant or trans fluid up near the radiator.. I can't tell what it is, other than it's red.. I also need to replace my oil pan due to a stripped out bolt hole before my next oil change.. Other than that though, she's been doing well..

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
I find that running up the highway through 6 inches of fresh snow for a couple hundred miles shines up the chrome rims for a few weeks LOL!

Check the connections on the radiator-also the tranny cooler lines might have loosened a bit-no fun trying to spin though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is clean!
Thanks!

As for the car, it's doing just fine! *knock on wood* Still haven't fixed my leak yet, but it's small enough I've just been parking over cardboard in the garage and checking the fluid levels.. Once it warms up I'm going to see if I can't get it tracked down..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Subs from a pro-am??

like what? please tell me! as im in the process of rebuilding the lower half and want to make more power. i have a power goal of 300. but im not sure if the stock transmission and chassis can take an extra 50 hp atleast.:smileyvault-newhere

1 - 19 of 19 Posts