DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few vehicle pictures on here with windguards. I have always wondered if they help any. How do they mount in place, and what are your views on them? I personally like them on 4 door vehicles only, and not 2 doors. I don't know why but I think I like the break in the middle between the two doors.

Also, how about pinstriping? I have a Platinum vehicle and was thinking of either gold or silver. I am leaning more towards gold, because the vehicle appears more gold than silver and I just want to add a slight contrast.

For anyone with pinstripes, did you put them on yourself and how difficult was it? I have not attempted to do pinstripes since my first car, an '83 Cougar, so it was OK if I screwed up, but now it's a different story! I am talking about the thin stripes that have two lines, one slightly thicker than the other, and not some fancy stripes like some aftermakrket place would put on. They more or less are accent stripes.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
My main reason for having the vent visors are so that I can have my window open a little when it's raining, or leave my windows cracked open if it's hot out and may possible rain.

But I think they look better on 4 door cars that 2 doors, also :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intrepid98
where and for how much did you get your spoiler? I bought one from
http://www.sportwing.com

for my '01 stratus R/T which has similar lines of the rear end of the 2nd gen Intrepids. It was a curved spoiler and I was curious if the same spoiler would fit on the Intrepid or if it can only be the flat spoiler. I like the look of the flat but I think something that hugs the corners of the car would look better. Do you know if this is possible?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
By today's prices, I paid a lot for my spoiler. But I didn't have many options back then :)

I bought it, got it painted, and had it installed by Ziebart for $400.

They did do a good job...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
To anwser the question about pinstriping. I would have it done professionaly, its not that much of a hastle, they will do it faster and properly, and it does not cost all that much.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I had a set of original Dodge Ventvisors that were dealer installed. They ddin't look too bad and there was no road noise. I removed them myself because I don't smoke and therefore don't drive with my windows cracked in the rain. I prefer the ability to have my hand on the window frame which was not possible with the visors in place.

The ventvisors attach with double stick tape. If anyone is interested in them I'll sell them for $20 to cover packaging and shipping costs. If anyone is interested email me [email protected]

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hey Joekd, I got the windvisors in the mail yesterday....thanks for the quick shipping!

I installed them toady...they look great! :)

Thanks again....

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Glad you like them, like I said before they didn't look bad, they just annoyed me so I had the detailer remove them.

Does anyone know of any other sources for the stage 1 lister type intake for my 3.2? I am eager to buy one but I just got my car on 8/15 and the discontinue went into effect 8/20. Any way to bribe, beg or plead for a silver one??? Any used for sale? I really wanted to run this setup instead of an in-box K+N.

If anyone has any leads I would be glad to try them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
joekd - the lister intake eliminates all of the restrictive plumbing from the TB to the STOCK airbox, so you would still use the K&N drop-in filter. There is a difference and you aren't drawing in warm (hot?) engine air like the cone filters would do.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Understood, but the benefits of an in-box K+N are greatly enhanced without all the extra plumbing.

My last car was a Taurus SHO which I made a similar air intake modification to and the resulting sound and power gains were incredible. The Ford type system has a couple drawbacks

1: the lster looks 300% better (even avail. in different colors)
2: the lister quality appears better
3: proven testimonies from all you fine folks
and
4: the bastards only make them for SHO's

So..sigh..bottom line is that just about anyone can go to the hardware store and piece together a system made of hose clamps and PVC but it takes a lot more to do the research and testing that GR8WHT put into his product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts