DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 Intrepid has one window that works so I thought I'd ask for some pointers to get the others working. The back 2 haven't worked in a couple years. Initially the tops of the glass were getting stuck on the rubber seal due to heat? A few months ago I found by accident one of them worked fine...for a day. My guess is the motors are good but? The pass. side front window works but if I roll it down all the way it won't come up. What I do is roll it half way down. To get it up I have to hit the switch in the "up" position but push down on the window a bit then it works. The d/s works fine thank God. Any ideas? In case you're wondering why this is so important ... my A/C doesn't work....condenser coil? is bad and to replace the shop has to take out the whole dashboard to get to it. Anyone try to tackle this themselves? Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
as for the window trouble...the mechanism that holds up the window has probably rusted...thats why you have to push down on it for it to work again (this happened to my dads 85 benz). as for the a/c...the trouble that our cars frequently have is the freon used. its cheap as hell, and doesnt last long. im getting my a/c charge today, and ill let you know how that goes. but man do i feel you...no a/c, windows dont work...i almost died in my car with the windows down. hopefully you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
512 Posts
something wrong with my compressor >_<.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
condenser is in front of the radiator,, they were a huge problem with first gen treps,, the usually leaked around the brackets hold them in,, evapator is behind the dash not a easy job did 2 never again,, im to old,, good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
my 01 does the same thing the windows will work fine most of the time but every oncce and a while they wont move until i press it up and down a few times on the button and it works again and some times it will be not workin for like a month then al the sudden just go down one day so maybe there is a wiring prblem in them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts