DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i clean the interior of my car, it seems that the hardest spot to clean is the front and rear windshields. I cant seem to work with the angle of them

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how i could get to the hard to reach spots or more effectively clean them

any tips and help is appreciated

-Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
What do you mean by "cleaning"? What kind of products are you using?

I just spray generous amounts of Invisible Glass and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. Of course, it takes a bit of stretching, especially for the rear window, but it's well worth the effort.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Invisible Glass during the early morning or late afternoon when the sun isn't directly shining on you. You'd get better results. Use a microfiber towel instead of paper towels, I found that this works better.
FYI: Its suicide to try to clean your rear window in direct sunlight, I spent 5 minutes trying to line up a Penn State decale on the rear window, and I was sweating buckets by the end of the five minutes. Then again, it was like 80 degrees and I have a black interior, but still, that massive rear window magnifies the sun's heat wickidly. Viel Gluck!

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
No im not kidding. A lot of people have used newspapers and a lot of people still do. The reason they do is no lint and trust me it works good. By the way in my opinion the micrfiber towels work ok but once you use them on 1 window you better get another because once it gets moist from the window cleaner it streaks like hell.
and believe it or not some car detailers use newspaper also. try it im serious. No the ink from the newspaper does not come off.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No im not kidding. A lot of people have used newspapers and a lot of people still do. The reason they do is no lint and trust me it works good. By the way in my opinion the micrfiber towels work ok but once you use them on 1 window you better get another because once it gets moist from the window cleaner it streaks like hell.
and believe it or not some car detailers use newspaper also. try it im serious. No the ink from the newspaper does not come off.
i used newspaper for the first time after reading the replies to this post a couple weeks ago, and it actually does work great

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Newspaper does work really well. I've heard its because the kind of paper its made out of is great at absorbing stains (like ink) and holding them in.

Kcarr65, do you know how to make a signiture so you dont have to post a pic of your car in every thread? lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just use RainX on the inside and out.... Makes it nice and crystal clear...
does the rain-x really work like it says in the rain

ive been using stoners invisible glass to clean my windows, which works really well, and makes them almost mirror like from the outside

1 - 20 of 30 Posts