DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back right window doesn't work any more. Just got it back from the mechanic to repair sensors and now my window doesn't work. Could it have been the mechanic messing with the sensor? Or is it just that the motor failed.

·
Registered
849 Posts
1st check to see if it is just stuck -- use a credit card to go around the edges inside & out to break any adhesions. if stuck, then use some cleaner to on the glass and weatherstripping.

·
Registered
560 Posts
When this happened to me, it turned out to be a combination of the window switches. Both the driver's switch and the switch on the rear door did not close a circuit, i replaced both from the scrapyard fixed the problem. If the window is stuck down and you need to pull it up in a hurry, do this:

pull the door panel off...unplug the motor from the harness (red wire about 5" long connected to motor)
The plug has two terminals...get a 12v power source, like a battery charger. Take the small + and - clips, connect the + side (red) to one terminal on the harness, and the - (black) to the other.
+ or - does not matter, it will either send the window up or down. If + and - sends the window down, just reverse it (- and +) and the window goes up.
However, if all connectoins were checked and the charger functions properly and the motor does not respond at all, the motor is the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if the problem turns out to be the motor this is a fairly simple task. i found some motors on ebay for 20.00 a piece. window pro they specialize in window motors. they was brand new in the box!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts