DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My window fell of the track in my trep so i had to take the entire door apart to fix it. I had to take the regulator which had bent trying to push the window into place when it fell off the track, and then bend it back into place. So my question for you guys is that is this a common problem? because theres no stopper keeping it from going down too low and falling off so it seems like it wouldnt be too hard for it to fall off once in a while. And on a side note there really isnt a whole lot to these doors is there.

that's with the interior part of the door off and the shield ripped off (its hanging from the bottom of the door here), and the regulator taken off

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Yeah it's not SUPER common - but does happen from time to time. Some will bend a regulator back into shape, some will outright replace it.

More common are the clips on the bottom edge of the window breaking...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i just put a rubber butt from a lacrosse stick under neath it and taped it on the bottom of the door to keep it from going too low again in case that was the problem

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yep,, happened to my 2000 trep,, bent the heck out of the regulator,, , I just bent it stright,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts