DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 with a 2.7 engine. The electric window makes noises like it is rubbing or sticking when going up/down. Are there any instructions on how to take the door apart? How about anything on what/where to grease on the window assembly to prevent this? Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
See the answer in your other thread...

·
Registered
337 Posts
with no time to think spit on the window track, with some time, pee on the window track, with more time probable silicone spray

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay but seriously! Has anyone else had squeeking windows? Is there a place to lubricate the track or other moving parts? Is it with Silicone spray or grease?
Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had squeaking window... I Greased the tracks but did not work. I ended up replacing the window regulators. They wrok great now. But they are expensive, so I would suggest the greasing first. Use silicone spray (I think - don't quote me on that. I think they changed from grease to silicone in '97, but I could be wrong) and go inside your door and when you window is up spray into the flex tracks, then roll them down and spray again, then rol up and down several times.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the same problem but it was because the plastic brackets holding the windows snapped and were scraping up and down the inside of the door, then the windows just stopped working. I had them replaced with metal brackets. Works like a charm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts