DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess this could be put under 1st gen but its something that essentially could be done for any car that has this "problem"

I was wondering if there is a way to make it so that the back seat windows go down ALL the way? like right now for child safety reasons or something like that they only go down about 3/4 of what they could.... is there a latch or something you can do to make them go down all the way? thanks

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Measure your door, then measure your window. Question answered...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whaaaaaaaat? i dont understand what your saying.... how is measuring them going to make my window go down all the way?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
First gens have more room than second gens, but there simply isn't room inside the door for the entire window to fit. The curve around the rear wheel well intrudes too far into the door cavity for the window mechanism to clear. Pull of the door panel some time and look for yourself. You might be able to gain an inch or so if you're really crafty, but there's no chance of it going all the way down...

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
You might notice that on some imports the rear door glass actually tilts so as to lower the back edge of the glass when it reaches a certain point. It looks wierd, almost like the glass came out of the track.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I noticed that on a Lincoln LS (I think it was an LS) and though the window had fallen into the door. Then the person inside started to roll it up and voilla it closed nice and square. It looks kinda funny and it really doesn't seem to gain much...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Child Safety Glass

Yeah, I was told that the term "Child Safety Glass" came out because they didn't want to tell the public that there wasn't enough room for the window to roll down in the smaller cars or newer cars than the older cars or bigger cars. So some marketing type came up with "Child Safety Glass". Once again, big corporations lying to you. Go figure.

Hardwarz

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well that sucks, i was really hoping i could make it go all the way down :(

heheh, its ok, ill live

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, child safety glass on those hondas? Don't think so, not when they lower down and have that tip pointing up ^. That's real safe. Stupid imports.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
ok what about this window mod cuz i saw it while walking in a parking lot, the person got out and pressed the remote arm key and all the windows rolled up automatically, i was like that is some sweet **** there, it was a VW so i was thinking would it be possible to maybe get a manufacturers VW alarm system off ebay or junk yard or wherever and find some way to wire it in my intrepid. i am thinking that it wont work but if i can find one cheap enough i sure as hell will try

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
my dads maxima has that with the standard remote entry. If you hold the unlock button the front windows roll down and if you hold the lock button they roll up.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
The DEI 530T window automation system. It will control up to two windows in both directions or 4 windows in 1 direction. It also converts the window switches to one-touch auto up and down. They retail for about $150 plus installation. I have two planned for my system plus another module to control the sunroof. I love toys... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts