DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intrepid window sticker is starting to show its age, so I want to take it off I tried to peal today nothing of course. Its stuck on there pretty good I was thiniking goo goo gone because that gets everything but I dont kno its like really stuck. So what should I use to get it off without hurting the glass?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Single edge razor blade, scooping like a plow will take the bulk off. Just hold the blade just slightly less than parallel to the glass, and go slow.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
oops will help to, that stuff works for anything! it worked on my friends windshield when we crashed in to his garage on axadent, lol thats a long story :p good luck!

·
Registered
646 Posts
you mean on accident....

Use a glass cleaner product of some kind, spray it on there, and saturate the adhesive materials with it (doesnt have to be that much stuff just alittle bit) and then use the razor blade, the glass cleaner will not only clean the class of dirt, but will also help loosen the sticker from the glass, and break the adhesives down. The cleaner will also act as a lubrication for the razor blade, thus requiring less work to use, and reduces the risk of scratching the window (the risk is very small, for the record)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Japy said:
you mean on accident....

Use a glass cleaner product of some kind, spray it on there, and saturate the adhesive materials with it (doesnt have to be that much stuff just alittle bit) and then use the razor blade, the glass cleaner will not only clean the class of dirt, but will also help loosen the sticker from the glass, and break the adhesives down. The cleaner will also act as a lubrication for the razor blade, thus requiring less work to use, and reduces the risk of scratching the window (the risk is very small, for the record)
I was just about to recommend this before I read this post. I had so much better luck scraping windows then they were wet. Especially when there was a lot of black left on my windows from the black upper molding. Took it off easily with some automotive window cleaner and a razor blade.

Josiah

·
Registered
686 Posts
I use 3M adhesive, tar and wax remover. Safe on paint too.
That Goo Gone should of worked as well.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
little gas on a rag... that should do the trick!

in all honesty, I just use the wax/grease remover i have for paint prep when i have adhesive issues.

·
Registered
646 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
little gas on a rag... that should do the trick!

in all honesty, I just use the wax/grease remover i have for paint prep when i have adhesive issues.
Solvent for the win! I used to use it at the dealership when I had paint issues.. The prep solvent I used for details is far too expensive for me to buy though, cause i use it too often :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts