DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The down switch for the passenger window has stopped working. I know the motor is ok because the passengers side switch works fine. Has anyone ever taken apart the switch assembley and cleaned it. I really dont want to spend 50+ dollars for somthing that im sure is just dirty. I just want to know how I should go about taking the assembly apart... i really dont want to break it :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ahhhh I doubt dirt got around that button/switch from typical use to cause it to not complete the circuit.

Go to the yard and yank a new switch for it. It'll cost you essentially nothing to five bucks.

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
That feature probably doesn't work in more of our cars than it does work.

People have tried (unsuccessfully) many things to fix it.

Beeble - you have seen taking it apart and cleaning it consistently work to fix it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I cannot find any info on the switch. If i cannot fix it I still need to buy a new one so I think its worth trying to fix it. I wish there was some pics of the inside to I know the basic structure. I will take it out one of theses days when its no so hot :hot1:

Also my seat is begining to shift when I accelerate. Is the recall still effictive even if it is 2012?

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
The problem with the switch is so common that it is not unusual to replace it with another used one, and it also has the problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The problem with the switch is so common that it is not unusual to replace it with another used one, and it also has the problem.
That's definitely the case when yard-hopping. The spares I have are out of my Intrepid door panels that I scrapped and kept the electronics. Never had issues with them. :D

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
I believe the recall you're referring to is for the recliner pivot bolts. Basically the pre-recall ones might break and the seat back would drop back. If your entire seat is tilting..including the cushion(the part you sit on)..I'd take a look at the front seat track bolts at the floor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe the recall you're referring to is for the recliner pivot bolts. Basically the pre-recall ones might break and the seat back would drop back. If your entire seat is tilting..including the cushion(the part you sit on)..I'd take a look at the front seat track bolts at the floor.
+1 on that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. I cannot tell if the whole seat is moving or not. It feels like bottom of the seat is moving. Are the bolts for the seat rail on the bottom of the car or do i have to reach under the seat to get to them?

EDIT: Found them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts