DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted this morning. It looks pretty cool.

I had the job made by a shop that has a good reputation in my region. However the guys let two little bubble in the driver's window, one about 1/2 an inch long by 1/16 of an inch wide and the other one, next to the first, even smaller.

Do you guys, who had their windows professionnaly done, still have one or two bubbles somewhere? Is this to be expected?

I already had them redo one window because of three long and obvious scratches in the film. I'm thinking about going back to them for those bubbles, but I don't want to be an ass. After all, I see people riding in cars with so many bubbles, they look like Pepsi bottles. :D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
No worries! Those bubbles are completely normal for the first week or so. Give it a little time to cure.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The people with the bubbles have crap tint! They didn't get it professionally tinted or they had the "$89 special" tint. I had mine done 5 years ago with a lifetime warantee for $190 CAD. I didn't have bubbles then and I don't have them now. It still looks like the day it was installed. You just have to wipe them down with a soft cloth and NO WINDEX, just water. If the bubbles are still there in 2 weeks, I would go back if I were you and have it fixed.

Jason

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
yes, good advice up there. Bubbles are normal for a little while. its part of the drying process. Usually when you get tint done they tell you to stop back in a few days so they can check it. You should definately find out whether or not the tint is guaranteed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had mine done about 4 years ago, no bubbles then, none now. I agree, bubbles may go away, but I would take it back to the installer so they know it is coming. If they say bring it back in 2 weeks, do it, but they may fix it right, today.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
a lot of times the bubbles is just excess water trapped under the tint...it should evaporate after a few days and be no sign of the bubbles...totally normal...if you still have bubble after a week or two I would take it back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A GOOD tint job will have no bubbles of any kind, even from the start. About the only thing a decent tint job will show the first week or so will be some haze under the tint, but that usually goes away quick.

Take it back and make them fix it.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My shop told me to wait 6 months! Cool Chrome tint takes a LONG time apparently. I have some minor probs where the tint crosses the rear defroster lines and no I haven't used the rear defrost since it was tinted (but I've wanted to several times) :p

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I don't have any bubbles, and I have a lifetime warranty against bubbles or whatever.. - but then again I paid $210 or so for Lumar Stealth. Professional shop with good film.

I'd say make them fix it.

·
980 Posts
TREPSTER said:
A GOOD tint job will have no bubbles of any kind, even from the start. About the only thing a decent tint job will show the first week or so will be some haze under the tint, but that usually goes away quick.

Take it back and make them fix it.
This is correct no bubbles but a haze is normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts