1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
REALLY NICE RANDY, looks sharp!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
NICE!! See, that big ass rear window needs some tint to look good!! Makes the rear end view at least 200% better.

Did you tint the front sides at all? They still look stock. I went with one step darker than CT legal (whoops) all the way around. Makes the silver body color of my ES look real good.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off, the reflection of the grass makes my car look green in those pictures :eek:

Second, the back 3 windows are 5% (limo).

last, the front 2 windows are not tinted at all (still stock)...the reason being that on my 98, I tinted them the lightest I could find (51%) and still got a freaking ticket!!!! It's illegal in IL to tint those windows at all....

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
that blows, i have limo tint all the way around except for windshield.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
**** that does suck, I once saw some guy with a cop, and the guy was scraping off the tint. LOL, made me laugh. Ive got pretty dark tint, darkest that is legal Im told. but I want the windshield done, on the top and bottom.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
No legal side tints in illinois??? That sucks, and here I was thinking CT police were hard-asses. The good news in CT is that they won't pull you over just for tint. Unless you give them a good reason they will generally leave you alone. Another plus is that the tint shop I use will retint both side windows for around $25 if you do get pulled over.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
tell her to move. your car is more important right? jeez.

on second thought, maybe you should keep all those thoughts to yourself. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Randy, the tint looks pretty sweet. I have 5% on my back windows and 70% on the two fronts. Also, I love the spoiler, where did you get it and for how much?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Randy, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Looks sharp Randy. Im still debating if i should get mine tinted as well. At first i was like nah, but im starting to lean more toward it. I think Intrepidatious has his car tinted which ill probably see in person tomorrow. If I was going to get tints though, i would get the same tint for all the windows. Just has to be legal though, i dont want any run-ins with the law. :)

My co-worker knows a place in NJ that does tints... and is supposedly one of the best places around. He said that for a weekend appointment the waiting list is at least a month. I dunno.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
DJ, I think you'll want to do it....I've had it this way since I bought the car back in 99 and I've never been bothered. I got pulled over once for an illegal U-Turn and the officer never even mentioned my windows. (I didn't get a ticket either!)

Warlord, you should'nt get bothered out there in SE Michigan either. I lived there for 9 years and every one of my cars were tinted and again, I was never hassled. The cops are pretty cool out there if you don't do anything stupid. :)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
If all else fails talk to the experts. The guys at the tint shop know the law. They'll also know what will and won't get you pulled over.

The shop I went to explained how my tint is over the legal limit, but not so dark that I will get pulled over for it. He explained that if you do Limo on all your windows you are just asking to be pulled over.

I must be getting old, I went with medium tint all the way around and wasn't even tempted to go darker because I remember the fun I used to have with my old trans am, I went dark all around and had to roll down my side windows at night just so I could see backing up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts