DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....can you guys help me out ? Im gonna get my wifes windows tinted..and want to make sure she still has proper visibility at night...can you adivise me on tint percentages ? I live in Hamilton Ontario and Im gonna get it tinted at ziebart because they have a lifetime warranty and I actually beleive they will be around in 5 years. any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
If you dont want any major issues with seeing at night... i wouldnt go 35% or higher. My 15% tints do make it a little difficult to see at night at times... it takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I’d recommend 35%. My wife has 35% on her car and it doesn’t really cause too much interference at all with night visibility. I have 20% on my trep, and it’s a little difficult to see out of at night, but not too terrible.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I only went as dark as 35 on my back windows because I hate the look of having 2 extremely different tint darknesses and legally I'm not supposed to have any tint on the fronts (I have 2 tickets to prove it...)

it really depends on the lighting though - sometimes you can barely tell there is tint on the fronts, and other times you can barely see through... these 2 pics kind of show it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Get it as dark as leagaly possible (if that applies to you :) )

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
JGarrett911 said:
I only went as dark as 35 on my back windows because I hate the look of having 2 extremely different tint...

I am the same way. I didn't want two different shades of tint, and Ohio's law is 50%, which is hardly noticable at all, so I went with 35%, allows enough light at night without making it difficult to see. Plus, I'd be sure to be pulled over with 20%. It also depends on the interior of your car, and whether or not you have a sun roof. I have dark interior which makes the tint appear darker plus no sunroof to allow any extra light. Also I have a light color paint, which also makes it appear darker versus a dark color vehicle. These are a few things to look at, hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts