DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I finally got my quote for tinting my windows and wanted to see if you all paid around the same for your cars or if you can give me some ideas as to what you paid. They bid $160 for the 3 back windows and then $230 for the whole car. Also, what percentage of light have most of you gone with as the law requires 70% in California??? Thanks for your input! :fun_61:

Helen

·
Registered
96 Posts
I paid 139.00 for mine from a small shop, but I'd researched them and got referrals and saw their work. Cheaper than most other bids I'd had, but he did a great job. Most of the other bids I'd had was 220 - 250.00.

As far as the tint darkness, I went with 20% rather than street-legal 35%. It is pretty dark. I'd have gone for a 28% or so if that had been available. Depends on what you like tho.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Im a little nervous when it comes to the tint because I don't want it too dark and I don't want it too light. I am still shopping around and getting references. This company has lifetime guarantee too. I guess I need to actually go to a shop to learn more as I am currently doing online bids. Thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine was $100...I had a small shop do mine.30% on the sides and rear,5% strip on windshield.Novus wanted $189.I found out that the guy that did mine does the tint for Novus.So the mark up is almost 100% when Going through The larger shops.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got mine done for $99.99, top of the line film. Went legal. Here in San Antonio, tint goes from $135.00 to $250.00, just depends.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I paid $250 for the tint on the SE. The tint is Charcoal 6, but I am unsure about what percent it is. It was illegal though because I had to pay cash! I would suggest going to a shop and talking to them. Most shops will cut a test sample of several tints and put the squares on your window, and then you will be able to see what you are getting!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live in Tennessee and most places here the tint job for a 4 door car is pretty much $140-$145. The place I got my tint done charges 140 for the whole car but since my tint is darker than what is legal they charged be 15 bucks more at $165 for the whole car.

In my opinion you shouldn't pay anymore than $170 for the whole car. And you might consider removing that racing stripe from your car it would look sleeker... but that's just me. Any tint will make your car stand out from others that aren't.

Good luck tint shopping. 15% tint all around, 35% on windshield.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
If you have time to kill go to tintdude.com and learn a little. I did and am finally ready to get my tint done before the killer summer heat.

Prices can vary greatly. If there is one shop in town, you pay what they charge($$). If there are multiple shops and competition is fierce then you will probably get a better deal. I haven't quoted in my area but I expect to pay around $200. That sounds fair to me for a quality job done with quality tint.

Watchout! Some shops will see you(a woman) coming and maybe lowball you on price and use crappy tint that won't last.

Most shops will want to pull your rear package shelf to get the tint all the way down the back window. And some prefer to pop the door panels off to install the door tint. You never know if your car is gonna be the new guys first tint job. So I think I will pull the rear shelf myself and ask if they are gonna pop my panels. I would prefer to take the time and care to do that stuff myself.

But all that may be unnecessary if you have a top notch shop to go to. Surely they must be a dime a dozen in Cali

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
I paid $200 for the rear three windows on my LHS. I have 20%, and it's just about right to me - not to dark, and not to light

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I paid $200 CDN for specialty 20% cool chrome tint.......regular tint was $150 CDN........you shouldn't be paying more than $150 US for the entire car.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,129 Posts
I paid $200 out the door for 35% max legal tint at LA Extreme Customs on 5 windows. Sales tax here in AL is about the same as what it was in CA. LLumar window film. it's the tint in my Sig pic below.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I paid 250$ canadian for my dad's car 2 years ago. He has limo tint for the back doors plus the back windshield and 50% for the front doors. Also has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Ok I'm a little late for my post but oh well :). I paid $150 for all 5 windows and, the shop took a bumper sticker I had and enlarged it for a front window decal.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
$150 for 5 windows at 35% max legal limit.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
i got my entire car done at 20%(illegal) for $160

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool, looks like everyone is around the same as my quote given in good ol' expensive a$$ California :) As soon as I get it done, I'll put up pics-k! Thanks everyone!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts