DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
For the past few months I had been having some slow web page loading. I have spyware blaster, Spybot S&D, Ewido security suite and Adaware SE. all up to date and used regularly but still slow after scanning and removing what ever garbage they would find. I finaly installed windows defender , it found and removed spyaxe, which all the others missed. Surfing the web is a lot faster now. There just isn't one anti-spy program that will find and remove everything that the A-hole spy writers throw at ya. Gotta use 'em all.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Here's what I do

As a PC tech, I can tell you what I do:

I use Windows Defender, Spybot S&D and Adaware SE for spyware removers.

I use Firefox to prevent most of the crap from getting on in the first place and to keep IE reigned in when I have to use it, I use something call IESPYAD, a registry file that adds well over 1000 sites to IE's restricted sites list.

Sites added to the restricted site cannot run programs or active content on your PC nor can files be downloaded from these sites. Very cool.

Even in a school environment, using the above stuff I rarely have to clean up large infestations of crapware. It even keeps PCs somewhat safe from a PCs worst enemy: TEENAGE GIRLS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts