DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...here's one for you. I'm not expecting anyone to actually help me out with this...but I need some assistance.

My brother gave me a copy of his Windows XP pro disk He also has Media Center...and I need a serial number/activation code. His serials won't work on mine for some fun reason...maybe its because its activated? Obviously...this is not ethical...but I have no resort and wanna give a valliant effort before I end up having to spend 200+ on a new operating system

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
His S/N should work with out a problem, you should try to call the 1-888 number. when it asks you to activate the copy chose to do it by phone. It'll give you 8-9 sets of digits to give to the automated operator. If that doesn't work Win XP media ed is only 125 :)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well then...does anyone want to mail me a copy of their XP disk with a serial number? I won't register it. I have a legitimate copy of 2000 professional, but its not agreeing with my new MP3 player or a lot of other things I want to run.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I would suggest calling that number say you just redid your computer and this isnt working. Hell when my mom did this once because the disc would not work they sent her a new set for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts